has anyone had a misplaced knee cap? How did it go?

I have been in and out of the dr for 7 months had two x-rays, and two MRI's and they thought there was slight cartilage damage... Yesterday they did surgery and the doc tells me that there wasnt any damage but the knee cap was misplaced. How did they not see that before???

1htmma4624

Asked by 1htmma4624 at 9:31 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Health

• You mean displaced?
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 9:50 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• i guess. when he told me i was just coming out of anesthesia. so thats probably what the Doc said
    1htmma4624

Comment by 1htmma4624 (original poster) at 9:57 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I dislocated mine in 1983 and had surgery on it 6 weeks before my wedding. I had very good incentive to complete my physical therapy as I did NOT want to limp down the aisle!!!! I also had a procedure done that day called a "retinacular release" so that it would prevent my kneecap from becoming displaced again. It worked.
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 11:52 AM on Nov. 4, 2010