Do you ever just feel like it's never going to happen for you?

I am a single mama, been in an LTR for a while. Most of my friends and acquaintances are either married or engaged (real engaged, meaning a ring and a date; no ghetto engaged which is when you just say you are engaged because it sounds better than baby daddy). I love my SO, but I feel like it's never going to happen for us. Actually for me, ever. Do any other single mamas feel like they are never going to get married, and as a result very very sad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• I've never had a ring and I've been married for 16 years! (17 next month) We have two beautiful boys and we're happy (most days :o)) We had friends who were married long before us and were divorced by our 2nd year of marriage. If you're happy and things are going smoothly in your relationship, just go with it. If being married is something you truly want then let him know. GL
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:34 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Let me tell you something. ALL of my friends were in long term realationships. I was the odd ball out and kinda bounced around becuase I was scared to settle down. I also had a daughter that I was terrified to let my boyfriends meet. One day I met the love of my life. My daughter was 5 years old at this time. She is now going on 10. She has a little sister these days and hopefully a little brother one day soon. We are a very happy family and her Daddy is going to adopt her. All of my friends are still in their realationships but still not married. It will happen for you. If it can happen for me, it can happen for anyone!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I feel EXACTLY the same way! I'm single and trying to figure out how to recover from a LTR where he was the one I wanted to marry. It feels like every where I go I see people who have what I want (marriage and family thing) or it's just couples couples couples. The feeling is worse now that the holidays are on us because of all the party invites with their + 1 on the inviations. Talk about feeling lonely when you don't have a +1 to add to the RSVP. But I do remind myself that if it's meant to be it will happen no reason to rush and fall into something totally fake.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 1:28 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Been there done that. I've been with my so for 8 years and he just got me a ring earlier this year.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 1:28 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Oh man I think about it alot. Im 30 and never been married. I came close one time but got cold feet and that was with the ring and all. I do refer to my BF as my fiance or even sometimes my hubby but I do feel like its never going to happen with me either.
    jctf47

Answer by jctf47 at 1:33 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I don't know how long you've been in this relationship, but, have you tried talking to him about it? There is nothing wrong with being open and upfront about what you want for your life. If he isn't interested... then you have two choices.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 3:16 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• i've been with my so almost 8 years have a ring and no date even thought up but man it makes me mad to see ppl that haven't even been together that long getting married argghhh
    humboldtmama21

Answer by humboldtmama21 at 4:25 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• honey i feel for you. i've been with my husband for almost 3 years and he just told me that he wants a divorce like 3 weeks ago.... right after my bday. now he has a new girlfriend and is rubbing it in my face. and i feel like im not ment to be loved by anyone. we have a 17 month old baby and that makes it even harder. but trust me, i would much rather have waited and found the "perfect" guy than for all this crap to be going down. you'll find your one true love and when you do it will have been worth the wait. i know its hard. trust and believe i do.
    flying8balls21

Answer by flying8balls21 at 7:17 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• be patience it will happen for you. i have been with my husband 8 year but we have only been married for 5 months. to me marrige is overrated women just get caught up in the engagement and wedding thing. marriage is just a piece of paper and i felt i didnt need a piece of paper to tell me what i already knew in my heart. honestly we got married bc we loved each other but also bc i was preggo w/ our third child and i needed to get on his insurance. but if we never got married i would have been fine with that. if you love your SO and he love you enjoy where you are at in your relationship dont compare what you have with what others have bc you wont see the great thing that you have.
    mom2gavahnyaand

Answer by mom2gavahnyaand at 11:40 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• feel lucky your at least in a relationship. i'm a single mom who feels like its never going to happen for me, and ive only had like 1 adate in the last 6 months. Granted i havnt been trying that hard to find someone, but i cant help but feeling that horrible its never going to happen for me feeling from creeping in when i go see my best friend and her SO. their not engaged yet, but its only because their saving up money so that she can get a nice ring.
    Pudge_Pie20

Answer by Pudge_Pie20 at 8:04 PM on Nov. 1, 2008