how to help teething

kat116

Asked by kat116 at 9:41 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• This is something you have to wait out with love and patience. carry him upright in a sling, laying down wth mouth pain is excrutiating. he's too younf for orajel and it can make teething worse and numbs everything but where most pain really is. meds will last a couple of hours at best nd it is too easy to overdose. Let him nurse if you breast feed, he can chew on a wet frozen washcloth, or a refrigerator cold teething ring (not frozen). Some have reported tht amber teething necklaces provide some relief -- nothing to lose by trying. Ababy 6 months and older can gnaw on cold spears of mango, cantalope, cucumber, melon. Frozen whole bananas are nice. Cold whole or half apples.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:19 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Let the child suck or chew on a frozen washcloth. My son liked to chew on a frozen or really cold pacifier.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:42 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Frozen washcloths or teething toys, Baby Orajel (although some say this makes it worse because it "toughens the gums", makint it harder for the teeth to come thru.) I had a teething toy that was a ring with a net, and you put frozen bananas or fruit in the net so they could chew/suck on it. I loved it.
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 9:43 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• my doctor always said never give an infant something cold to teeth on because it makes the gums tougher for the tooth to break through, give room temp teethers and i also always heard baby orajel made the gums tougher as well teething tablets worked best for my kids good luck
    19withtwins

Answer by 19withtwins at 11:07 AM on Nov. 4, 2010