WHATS THE BEST MED TO GIVE A 2YR OLD

SHE HAS A RUNNY NOSE COUGHING ALOT AND SHE SOUND CONGESTED I TRIED TRIMINAC AND SOME OTHERS NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK NO INS

wnnababy

Asked by wnnababy at 9:42 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Ask a pharmacist or doctor. Try putting Vicks Vaporub on the bottom of her feet and put on socks and let her sleep, it will help with the congestion.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:44 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• just some tlc. For her congestion, run a really hot shower and just stand with her in the bathroom (not in the shower of course).
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:44 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Ask your doctor. I was told no decongestants an a child under 6.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 9:45 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I'm from St. Louis, and with my hubby's job we moved to the country, and when DD (then 1 year old) had those symptoms a dear neighbor told me to put baby Vick's rub on the bottom of their feet with socks before bed. It worked wonders. I know it sounds crazy but those country remedies are amazing. Put some on her chest too. Poor girl I hope she feels better soon!!
    Also maybe you can ask your local pharmacist what over the counter meds you can give her.
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 9:46 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I have this same problem with both my children, ages 3 and 18 months. I was told by their doctor (same woman) that OTC Children's Claritin can be used.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:47 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• THANKS ALL I TRIED THE VICKS ON HER ALSO I HAVE THE VICK STEAMER THING FOR HER ROOM PHARMACY TOLD ME GIVE HER PEDICARE THAT DOESNT WORK EITHER IMMA JUST TAKE HER TO THE E.R SINCE I HAVE NO INS
    wnnababy

Comment by wnnababy (original poster) at 9:50 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• it could be allergies not a cold. Not many, if any, doctors will recommend any type of cold medication for a child under the age of 6. They don't really work and it can be dangerous for the child. Ask a pharmacist or doctor about something like claritin or zyrtec in children's form (my 12 yr old can just take the pill form.)

And the vicks on the feet thing really works. I even use it on myself when I get a cold.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:51 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• No ins for your 2 year old? Why not? There are programs in place for children that provide financial assistance, you just have to put in the work to get the assistance.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 10:07 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• 1 tsp of benadryl....doc approved my dd for this when she was around 22 months....that was just 6 months ago....but, call your doc for any information, they might be able to tell you a little more. i have heard the vicks on the feet does work, i'd try it first. good luck
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 10:08 AM on Nov. 4, 2010