TEMPER PROBLEMS

I HAVE A 2YR OLD AND HER TEMPER IS HORRIBLE SHE HITS MY MOM SHE YELLS ROLLS HER EYES AND IF SHE DONT GET HER WAY SHE GOES CRAZY SLAMMING STUFF WHEN SHE WITH HER DAD SHE DOESNT DO THIS ONLY WITH ME AND MY FAMILY WHAT CAN I DO?

wnnababy

Asked by wnnababy at 9:45 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Stop letting her do it and stop giving her what she wants. Do NOT respond when she throws a tantrum. Tell her that when she is ready to be a big girl, you will talk to her. When she hits, remove her from the situation..time out. DO NOT hit her back, because she will think it's a game. Be consistent, be firm and stand by your actions.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:48 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• agree with tyfry.......my dd did this with my dh....she would be good for me but always start acting up when dh came home...it got to where i dreaded that time of day....when she started getting mean and throwing fits, we'd put her in her room until she calmed down. it's so hard to say only keep them in there for a minute to every year of their age, because it doesn't work. choose your type of discipline, and be consistent about it. eventually she will get the picture and start settling down.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 10:12 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• my kids do the same things and sometimes it's really hard to deal with...i haven't got it figured out yet either so dont feel bad
    djgagemommy

Answer by djgagemommy at 11:07 AM on Nov. 4, 2010