Im really concerned about this whole contraversy on vaccines. Any advice?!

Vaccines

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Jul. 4, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• its a personal decision you have to make of course but for health reasons i would say vaccines are the way to go. why reject something now that you have had yourself, and youre fine.
    irelandsmommie

Answer by irelandsmommie at 11:34 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Honestly, I feel the same way. I didn't even know about the dangers until I got on Cafe Mom a couple of months ago, and met a great friend who's totally against vaccines. I would type in at the top of the page "Green our Vaccines" or "Autism" and see if there's some non-private groups that you could read some of the entries and learn from them. I am on the fence about vaccinating... I think what I will do is talk to the Dr. about what vaccines they absolutely HAVE to have, and what they do I will ask to have them spaced out, if possible, so they don't get so many toxins in their little bodies at once. I'm nervous b/c my girl's first shots are coming on July 23rd... I don't want to see the little tears!!!
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 11:37 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• If you put "controversy on vaccines"" In a Google search there are a couple of dozen pages on this subject. I feel the benifits outweight the risks. It is a personal choice weather to vaccinate or not.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:42 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• My son has a bone marrow failure disease, and is in remission now, YAY! But when he was fighting this disease, poor guy wasnt allowed to get his vaccines, due to his dr's orders, it was mainly because he had no immune system, and low white blood counmt. And we noticed a difference, in his blood work. The dr, even stated how badly he needs his vaccines, but he cant, especially because he has a younger brothr, and couldnt risk it. But now he is vaccinated and in remission. So it all varies, but i just wanted to stated how my sons, oncologist/hematoligist talked about how he firmly believed my son needed to get them right away!!
    Anonymous

• I think the choice is different for everyone. It's something you really have to research and decide for yourself. On the one hand, most of the diseases vaccines protect against are easily combated with proper medical care and really aren't that life-threatening. In fact, a good portion of them (Chicken Pox, Rubella, Measles, Mumps, etc.) were common child-hood diseases that, once caught, provided their own life-long immunity which is actually more effective than the vaccines. However, it's a decision no one can make for you. Personally, I chose to follow a delayed vaccination schedule. A really good, non-biased book to read is "The Vaccine Book" by Dr. Robert Sears. It also suggests a good delayed vaccination schedule.
    GothyMama

Answer by GothyMama at 12:44 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I didn't know about all the dangers untill my son has been DX with autism. I am still torn about the subject. I think the government should really try to get to the bottom of things and stop trying to push it under the rug!!
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 2:38 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Read the Vaccine Book by Dr. Sears. It will tell you what is in each vaccine, what each vaccine is supposed to prevent, the chances you have of contracting a disease (how common or not it is), it also has a delayed 100% fully vaccinating schedule and a selectively vaccinated schedule. Do your own research b/c this topic is similar to circumcision in the sense that there is no right or wrong answer it is whatever is best for your family.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 3:14 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• i think you have to do your own reasearch on it and make an informed decision. don't go by what other people might be saying because you don't know if they are informed or not. personally i agree w/ the mom who said benefits outweigh risks. it might be uncertain IF vaccines cause autism. however, the chance of your child getting a disease is often much higher than the chance (IF possible) of developing autism. consult several doctors, research and then make your own decision on what you feel is right!
    kween.B

Answer by kween.B at 7:37 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Vaccines can be very beneficial, but there are potential dangers. I recommend checking out The Vaccine Book by Dr Sears.  It has plenty of excellent information and several different delayed vaccine schedules.  We may use a delayed schedule and selectively vaccinate.
    sallymoon

Answer by sallymoon at 7:11 AM on Jul. 16, 2008