Ever had an awkward absent minded moment?

I did. I was grocery shopping in the produce section. And I was thinking really hard about dishes and what went with what. In that deep thought I was tapping this cucumber I'd picked out against my chin and this guy walks by saying "Like to be that cucumber".

I "woke up" and felt myself blush and left the area.

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 9:48 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• HAHAHA!! that's kinda creepy, though. (the dude)

i talk to myself all the time in the grocery store. once, i was picking out bath sponges for my nephews' bathroom, and trying to decide which color for which one (twins, sharing a bathroom)..i was so deep in thought, AND talking out loud to myself, that when a girl (i've known for at least 15 years) spoke to me, i looked up and didn't even recognize her and mumbled incoherently. the look on her face probably mirrored the confused look on mine! she's still convinced i'm medicated, or should be. LOL!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:54 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• ha ha! that is hilarious!!!! yes I often have those myself.

Answer by older at 9:50 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• every day!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:52 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Well I have them all the time. Some times I am off in thought and people ask me "what is the matter?".... wtf. I am thinking. Sheesh.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:59 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• The other day in class, I was talking to my instructor about going to a tournament and was asking him if it was okay to bring my children. He asked how old they were.... Silence.. Finally after about 30 seconds it came to me. "2 and 4" He and his girlfriend were laughing quite hard. I was so embarrassed. What mother forgets how old their children are.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 10:05 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Yes i had a moment at work like that ...lol i had a customer and my phone rang and i answered my phone and went in the backroom to take the call...when i came back i was like did i forget something she said yes my money...lol i cashed check and did not give her the money...omg
    littlekitty2002

Answer by littlekitty2002 at 10:26 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Happens to the best of us but my 19 yr old is the worst! she has had my car at school then calls me to ask for a ride, totally forgetting she even had the car!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 10:47 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• OMG! Most Definitely Yes... I go into the store to get toilet paper and even as I drive to the store I'm thinking - toilet paper, toilet paper, toilet paper. I leave with Winco Pizza.

emily1230

Answer by emily1230 at 12:58 PM on Nov. 4, 2010