friends

has any one felt like they just don't make friends as easy as they used to or were never really good at meeting new friends? Is it just me? I am more reluctat to become friends with people because i just don't tolerate the drama that is created by some women. I dont want to be sucked into it. And the other thing is that I am not as trusting as I once was, I feel like people will only be friendly with you because they want something. Any one feeling this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• No, I don't feel this way but there is a good reason to feel this way, a lot of people are motivated by self interest.

Answer by older at 9:51 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Not really, but your opinions and feelings are worthy. People do tend to take advantage of us, especially if we are nice. But you know what? If the person is a real friend, they accept you just as you are, don't judge you, and if they disagree with you, they will let you know in a way that does not offend you. Be brave and "get back out there," not everyone is bad, and it is not fair to yourself to be denied the blessing of good friends just because of some inconsiderate jerks... :)
    Grotezus

Answer by Grotezus at 9:55 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I thought I was little miss social before hubby joined the military and we moved some place new. Some of these military wives are insane. Since moving here in August 2009 i've met 2 people that I felt I clicked with..unfortunately only one of them is still around.. the other turned out to be a lying, cheating, drama queen!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:58 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• No, you are not the only one. I'm having a hard time to connect to people. I keep very much to myself, not because I'm not as trusting just because ... I don't know ... the chemistry has to be right and that is rare.
    it;s easy to be friends when evrything is fine. It's about how you handle though times that define a relationship. Wether you care about the other or not.
    Mail me if you like.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 9:58 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I'm shy of strangers, unless we click immediately (which is uncommon) I tend to hold people at arm's length. You never know who/what you're dealing with anymore. I only let my guard down a little around coworkers cuz we're around each other all day and you get to know em faster than you would normally anyone else.

Heck 99% of my social life was at work. I'd even date guys from work (a no-no) but I didn't have any other pool to draw on that I felt comfy with.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:00 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• yeah, im so with you. im 20 with a 5 yr old and daughter on the way in a few weeks.....i don't go out and make friends b/c everytime i do make one or two, there is the drama, and not one calls me to just say hi. they only call me when they need a ride or a babysitter, or money. and recently, when they get an animal and can't keep it, knowing the animal lover i am, i take them in to find them homes, only they end up staying. i currently have three cats, three ferrets, a chiwawa and a gold fish. i live in a single wide trailer with all these animals and a husband, a 5 yr old and now a baby coming soon. so, i just don't bother with people anymore. they lie, and do whatever they need to get what they want.
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 10:02 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I know how you feel. I'm shy and I tend to keep to myself.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:20 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I feel like this. I am not a high maintenance person and don't want drama in my or my son's life so its hard to find nice good women to be friends with - well and how do you meet them at 30 when you have no hobbies? I am making myself sign up for one class this year just for ME, I am hoping I meet friends there like a yoga class or something like that..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:14 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• no but i understand
    san78

Answer by san78 at 3:21 PM on Nov. 4, 2010