miscarriage

i have a 7mon whose dad has taught her to cry when she wants something. i am 18 wks prego and every time i try to eat relax clean she throws a fit i am a shm and dont know how much longer i can keep depriving the unborn baby of food with out causing health issues. however right now my main concern is can not eating cause a miscarriage this far along

puresouthern

Asked by puresouthern at 9:59 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Baby pulls everything it needs from your body's fat stores. Grab a bite when you can. Just make sure you are drinking plenty of water. A seven month old child is not yet capable of manipulation. Time to teach her some patience and how to wait. Even if this is something her dad "taught" her you are only re-enforcing the behavior by giving her immediate attention. As long as she's fed, changed, not sick and not bleeding she's fine. I'd walk away from her and let her tantrum in peace. Cleaning can wait until daddy is home to give her attention. Pop her in the playpen or crib and eat. Crying for a few minutes will not hurt her in any way.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:07 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Let her throw a fit. Ignor it. Every time you give in to her, you are teaching her that to get your attention, she needs to throw a fit. She will be fine. You need to eat, but not eating will not cause a miscarriage. When she's napping, that's time for you to eat and relax, also. You're going through a hard time, but you can get through this.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:07 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I would ignore her. She is old enough that it won't hurt her and I also think she is old enough to learn that throwing a fit is not the way to get what she wants. It won't seem to help at first, but give it a few times and she will understand. I would also talk to her dad about this. In answer to your question about the miscarriage I don't think that it would be a problem unless you are eating nothing all day and night. If you are dropping lots of weight I would talk to your doc or the pediatrician and see what they recommend.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:53 AM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Yes dont let the stress get to you.The one thing I would do when my daughter was little was get her something very messy like finger paint and then try to relax while she made a mess.Id worry about cleaning it up later :)
    aliceinlove

Answer by aliceinlove at 10:46 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Just ignore her fit she will eventually learn that its not a way to get attention
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 11:16 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I'm not sure I understand...how does a father teach a 7 month old to cry ? I wouldn't think a 7 month old has the ability to learn that type of concept yet...that cause and effect kind of manipulation.....besides, nothing wrong with you eating at the same time as your 7 month old is there ? that's what I did with all three of mine.
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 4:29 AM on Nov. 9, 2010