QE2 Do you know what it is?

Simply it's printing money. It's a risky move and it will bring inflation. When the Fed tried it last year the big corporations borrowed the money and didn't spend it. It lowers the rate on savings and investments so the people who live of this type of saving have less to live on. Check out this article and prepare for inflation.

Link text

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 10:11 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I thought it meant Quarterly Earnings 2nd quarter. It does in my world I guess.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:13 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I thought it was a boat...Queen Elizabeth II
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:14 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RMS_Queen_Elizabeth_2

RMS Queen Elizabeth 2, often referred to simply as the 'QE2', is an ocean liner that was operated by Cunard from 1969 to 2008. IO AM right. LOL

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:15 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Okay, after thinking about this for a minute and playing devils advocate (literally - lol), I am wondering if the govt. is expecting the economy to get even worse that this is there way of avoiding deflation. Does that make any sense at all? I'm just trying to make some sense out of this.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:16 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I now see someone else has just posted on this. I had a heck of a time researching because of that stupid ship LOL It's actually quantitative easing. A fancy name for printing money
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 10:18 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Quinn, They seem to be trying to make inflation to avoid deflation. It's all bad in my book. I say LEAVE IT ALONE!
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 10:20 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I thought is was the boat too, lol

Mama2124

Answer by Mama2124 at 10:21 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I too, thought it was a boat.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:22 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• After reading and watching your link it's a very risky move that has absolutely no guarantee of working. In the words of the expert on the show 'if everything works perfectly the economy should plateau, if not then all bets are off'. Seriously? WTF is the fed thinking?  I think I had it right on the other question.  This will render our dollar worthless.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:23 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Rats! I was hoping you were talking about the boat!

I think it is a very dangerous game they are playing...sort of like Russion Roulette...except only 1 of the chambers is empty.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:32 AM on Nov. 4, 2010