Instead of Pumpkins......

My boys turn 3 this weekend and for a Bday project i bought all kinds of crafting materials hoping they could decorate a pumpkin..... but now i cant find any! i went to the grocery store and to Wal mart.... My ? is..... Is there anything instead of pumpkins that kids would enjoy decorating any ages from 2- 10... I thought about picture frames but thats to old for the younger ones.... Any advice or ideas would really help. thanks

miritrose

Asked by miritrose at 10:12 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Have you checked with a craft store? They usually have very realistic looking ones made for crafts. Or even some dollar stores may have pumpkins/gourds, wreath forms or place mats that you could use.  Some orange construction paper cut in pumpkin shapes will work also.

nova.mommy

Answer by nova.mommy at 10:32 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• if you want to stay with the fall theme, you can always carve squash, gourds, even milk jugs! My pumpkin rotted before halloween so out of desperation I carved a milk jug lol. A craft I did with my 2 1/2 year old was make a seasonal wreath. with fall colored construction paper I traced his hands and cut them out; enough to make a big wreath, glued them together and hung it on the door! If you did something like that you can have them glue on whatever: feathers, fun foam shapes, cut outs from coloring books....
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:16 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• If they're going to paint them, look in the craft store for wooden ones. Or other wooden shapes.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 10:16 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• thank you all but i found some and bought 15 looking foward to the party
    miritrose

Comment by miritrose (original poster) at 3:57 PM on Nov. 4, 2010