Did you ever have a "close to dead experience"? What happened?

I did when I was 11 years old, almost drawned.. When I was about to lose concience... I was able to touch ground with my foot, and got out!! UFFFFFFF I was close.............

Monica655

Asked by Monica655 at 10:13 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I was in basic training and passed out....I dont remember anything but feeling light headed and then darkness.....I was told later that I had a super high temp and to cool me down and bring me back they had to use 4 ice-sheets and had me laying in a cold shower because the sheets kept getting warm and was not cooling me down...I was in and out of conciness (so they say) and I thought my drill sgt was my mom (my sgt was a black woman- my mom is white) I stopped breathing when they had me in the shower and the EMT's got me breathing again on the way to the hospital. The only thing I remember is passing out then waking up in the hospital getting an x-ray to make sure my back was ok. I still pass out now but as soon as i hit the floor I wake up again. They found out that I have a heart problem.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 5:05 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• My lung collapsed when my neighbor flipped the lawn chair with me in it. I felt myself looking over my body and then I came to and it was freaky.......
    Anonymous

• I had a classic near-death experience during an operation. Dark tunnel leading toward the bright light at the other end. An angel being on my right side (I can remember the sensation of the feathers in his wings as they protected me from the back and the left side). Muffled voices emanating from the dark sides of the tunnel and hands reaching to grasp me. Reaching the light and seeing a multitude of colors in the brightness and a chorus of voices quickly discussing my fate. And going back to the pain as I woke from the surgery. The side effects are a belief within myself that death isn't going to be the end and a strange ability to see the past lives of people I meet or whose pictures I see. I never had either before.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:35 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I OD'd, was dead for approx 5 minutes. Nothing happened, I lost consciousness, I ceased to exist in this world (or any other). I was fortunate, and with the help of some quick thinking friends I made it back to the land of the living which we call Earth. It solidified my agnostic beliefs into being full fledged atheism.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:03 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I blacked out after giving birth to my daughter. My BP was 53/20 (Somewhere around there. I don't remember the exact reading anymore), but I don't remember anything other than thinking I just had a baby and I will not leave her without a mother. No lights no tunnels so I guess I wasn't as close as I thought or I was too drugged to remember it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:39 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I have had several near death experiences... the first was when I was really little... I was playing in a pool where my sister was supposed to be watching me, but she was on the cordless phone with one of her friends or boyfriends and not paying attention to me. I slipped out of my swim ring and as I was going down towards the bottom, my ring floated away. I started to struggle, but after a bit I stopped... I remember seeing how vivid all the refractions of light were on the walls of the pool. It is funny, because I was so little but so calm, I remember thinking, "Jesus, I am coming to see you." At that moment, I felt someone pushing me towards the step I could stand on. I looked back and no one was there, just water. Then, all at once, I ws at the step, and was miraculously able to breathe again... That's one... the first one.
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 5:49 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• Another time was when I was having surgery done on my mouth... apparently I cannot handle high doses of anethesetic, because after the counting backwards I was out... but not really.... I was floating over my body and then I watched as all at once the nurses were like turn that off! And started trying to recessitate me... then everything went black... and I woke up from surgery..... so I assume that they stabilized me and proceeded with surgery.....
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 5:54 PM on Nov. 8, 2010