weird symptoms/anxiety?

I have very strange symptoms going on the last few weeks,well actually the last few years on and off. What happens is I wake up and my jaw feels full of tension and aches and I feel like my blood pressure is up and then feel like I need to throwup,then feel panic like my head doesn't feel right my husband thinks I'm going into menopause but I dont because the symptoms are not like menopause. I'm wondering if maybe its anxiety thats making me feel like this I dont want to get on pills that are laden with chemicals I want this feeling to go away I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to go see a doctor because I don't have pain just other scary symptoms. I wish my jaw would relax, my intestines I noticed are feeling off too and I'm gaining weight. Is this how anxiety feels?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Health

• I think your doctor can do a blood test to rule out menopause. I have generalized anxiety disorder and will wake up with a headache and sore jaw from grinding my teeth. I get tension headaches, upset stomach, etc. I take Effexor for it, at bedtime and it has helped me more than I can say, although I wouldn't recommend it because the withdrawl is awful. There is nothing wrong with taking medication for a true medical condition, that is why it there. There is also therapy, which I did too. Talk to your doctor.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:26 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• You need to go have your thyroid tested. When you start having sudden anxiety, it can be related to your thyroid as well as unexplained weight gain or loss. I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and I did take medication for it for a short period of time while learning how to control the anxiety. There is nothing wrong with taking the medicine when you need it. I was on Klonopin, which is pretty strong, but i took a low dose and it allowed me to still function day to day, and to be "aware" for my children. Like I didn't feel drugged, I just felt a lot more relaxed. I would make an appointment with your doctor. Write down any weird symptoms you are having, no matter if you think they are not connected to each other, and no matter how trivial you think they are. It's probably nothing to worry about, but it can't hurt to get checked out.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:37 AM on Nov. 4, 2010