why do guys lie?

I was at a party and I over heard some guys talking. I don't have any close guy friends so I admit my ears were burning. The one guy said how he lied to his fiance about how many partners he had and some of the stuff he's done with them. He said he wanted her to think it was the first time they did certain stuff or she was the only one he tried stuff with. Why do guys lie?

Ann23441

Asked by Ann23441 at 10:27 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• Same reason that women lie.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 10:28 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• you beat me to it, Ballewal ;-)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:29 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• It is human nature

Answer by older at 10:31 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• People lie. In general. Have you never lied to your SO thinking you would save them from dissapointment? I don't now, but I can't say I haven't.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:32 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Everyone lies! Oh and that lie... totally did the same thing when I met my husband. I told him I had only slept with 6 people *LIE* i told him the truth before we had sex. I told him it was more than 6, i didnt tell him the number. We still dont know how many sexual partners we have been with. We like to just keep it to ourselves. I dont like thinking about him with other people and visa versa :)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 10:35 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• musicmom yes I can see that point of not wanting to hurt them
    Ann23441

Comment by Ann23441 (original poster) at 10:50 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Oh wait...I lied! haha! I sort of hid some reciepts because I didn't want him to worry. But it was stupid because when he found out he really didn't care! LOL
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:19 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I think the reason here is because the woman would get hurt feelings if she knew the truth. Heck I love my husband and we been married for 25 years and I don't want to hear what he did with other women! I would be jealous and angry. SOme stuff is on a need to know basis and I do NOT need to know what went on in the sack before me. So relax about guys. Sheesh.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:24 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• in this case i commend the guy lying. what a sweet fiance. he's a keeper. it's sometimes best to lie to spare someones feelings, in this case he did. which is perfectly understandable and i don't know why your confused on why he did it. i would think it was obvious.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:41 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• To prevent Screaming Woman Syndrome.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 12:32 PM on Nov. 4, 2010