Do you ever...

agree with someone (esp if they are stuck on their own viewpoint) just to shut em up and move the conversation onto something else?

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 10:35 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• I have said "ok Dear", or something similar just to avoid conflict. I do that with things that aren't all that important to me, it's not worth fighting over. If it's important to me, then I will not just agree to get along.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 1:06 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• No this is usually where I get in to trouble. I have a new way of dealing with them though. I walk out of the room if they are talking to someone else. OR I just say "oh I gotta go". (on the phone).. Some times it is better to run and run.LOL
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:20 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• No, and perhaps that is what stemmed my MIL problems
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 10:37 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• The ''agree to disagree'' phrase works a lot. Also I will say something like, "We obviously have different viewpoints & neither of us are going to see the other persons side so before any feelings are hurt, lets change the subject''.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 12:53 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Nope...I would say we agree to disagree. I don't back up on my own beliefs or opinions, but I will listen to someone else's. Doesn't mean they will change my mind if I'm strong in what I feel, but I listen to their view.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 1:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• yes
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 2:44 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• depends. I have a brother that sometimes its just easier to agree with him. other times i feel i need to put him in his place.
    cuteness13983

Answer by cuteness13983 at 5:48 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I learned the hard way that is often the best way to avoid unwanted conflicts or tension. Choose your battles
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Agreeing doesn't mean you actually agree. Its just means your telling them what they want to hear. It doesn't mean they've really convinced you and you've given in. It just means: I'm agreeing to end this conversation and move on.
    Anonymous