Would you buy a used breast pump?

I REALLY want to EBF my baby who is due in about two months, but because of financial reasons I have to go back to work sooner than I'd like. Also due to financial reasons, I will not be able to afford a new higher grade pump.. so I'm just wondering if it is gross to buy a used one. I have seen them on craigslist for around $100, like a Medella in style double pump, etc. something that will really be helpful for me at work (and even at home).

If you couldn't afford a new one, would you buy a used pump to have a better quality one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• No not for me. I would rather buy a new one for a goo deal and save for what I want.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:49 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I wouldnt i think that its unsanitary. I brought mine for like $80 bucks at Target. Its not medela but it serves the purpose. Its called The First Years.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 10:57 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I wouldn't. I know you you get it perfectly clean, but it would still gross me out.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:14 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• i wouldnt because a mother passes everything threw her breast milk aids, drugs etc. you never know the buyer maybe from a friend but def not off craigslist and i read just because its more expensive dosent mean its better they all have to meet standards to be sold in the US so i would buy a new one i could afford unless your like me i spent about 100 dollers on one and for some reason could never get my milk to flow i ended up having to use a hand held one which turned out great took a little longer but worked for me.
    aggheff08

Answer by aggheff08 at 11:48 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Yes I would becauses you can sterilize it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• yes i did! i just bought new tubing and parts for it! im just using the motor! but im EP so i need a pump 24/7 and i broke 2 of the cheap ones so i bought the good hospital grade one that was used i hope it makes it until Feb!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 12:27 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• hmm not sure
    san78

Answer by san78 at 3:20 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Yes. I bought mine on EBay when I had DD. I sterilized the bottles and bought new tubing. I re sold it when I was done for $10 more than I paid too. :)

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 4:11 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Yes...I bought mine form a friend of my MIL and we did a full sterilization and replaced things that we could replace like tubings, bottles, etc...
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 6:28 PM on Nov. 4, 2010