I really don't like my children watching tv all day I have a 3 yr old & 1 yr old but TV does help sometimes when I have to do things....Any parents whos children dont watch any? what do u do all day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• they are probly either in daycare or gramma's house :)

tv is a good babysitter...in moderation.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:51 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• My two year old watches VERY LITTLE television.. Usually a total of an hour a day, 1/2 hr in the morning and 1/2 hr in th evening.

During the day we cook, clean, go outside, go to the park, color, do other crafts.. all sorts of stuff. Basically everything I do, she does with me. So when I'm loading the dish washer, she is helping, when I am folding laundry, so is she. She prefers to play with her toys, legos, blocks, babies, etc. than watch TV anyhow.

Granted, I will admit she only gets two full days a week with me, and one full day a week with dad. She goes to day care the other four days.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 10:52 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Mine very rarely get to watch t.v. My oldest (age 2) get to watch a movie before bed because it helps calm down and get ready to go to bed. Other than that they play like normal children. We do activities like coloring, playdough, shapes, colors, and stuff but they go off and do their own thing most the day.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:52 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• We don't own a TV, I stream on the lappy if I need them corralled for a while. They spend most of the day helping me around the house, I give them little chores, or they help with the bigger tasks.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:53 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I also have a 1 & 3 year old and most days our TV stays off until they go to bed. We play all day. We do a craft, we cook and bake. They take a bath, we go outside. I do let my 3 year old on the computer to play a game while my 1 year old is napping. Its a game that teaches you how to read and he loves it. Some days we visit the library or the Children's museum or the Zoo when its warm out, we also love going to the park, especially now that my 1 yr old can climb =)
    Some days they get to watch TV. Those days are usually when I have A TON of stuff to do...it keeps them (mostly the 3 year old) occupied for a little bit and I can get 1 room cleaned or 1 load of laundry put away!
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 10:55 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• i don't see a problem with your kids watching tv as long as you take time during the day to watch it with them and to also just play with them.
    lyricsmommy08

Answer by lyricsmommy08 at 1:56 PM on Nov. 4, 2010