My 15 Month old gets night terrors how can i help her? adult content

My 15 month old daughter goes to sleep at 930-10pm and wakes up at 130-230 just about everynight screaming... she screams then she cries and it is a full out cry and nothing i do can calm herdown. i try to nurse her and she doesnt want that but after 10 min of holding her she calms down and goes bck to sleep.. Im worried if theres anything i can do to help her.. i cut down her na tme during the day to only one nap of about 90 min.. she slept good last night after i did this.. is there anyhting else i can do?

chloemom71409

Asked by chloemom71409 at 10:50 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Night terrors, from what I've heard, are worse for us than for them. I hate this, but you are supposed to just let it pass.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:52 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• We went through a phase like this with my DD when she was about that age, too. I thought it was night terrors, but it turned out she was getting her molars.

It was horrible, I would wake up in a panic because of her screams. I feel for you, and I hope it gets better soon!
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 10:54 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Comfort them. There's nothing you can do about it.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 10:54 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• My daughter had it at about that age. We shared a room at that point and she would sit straight up and scream at the top of her longs for about 20 minutes. I tried to comfort it but I noticed it only got worse so I started to just let her know I was there but then I would let her cry it out and she would go back to sleep. They say don't wake the child because when they scream like that they are still sleeping. My daughter grew out of it in just a few months. And coming from my own experience the only other thing I can say is.....Good luck.
    iluvmm09

Answer by iluvmm09 at 11:46 AM on Nov. 4, 2010