2 month has a cough adult content

my 2 month old for the last few days has developed this cough. I can only explain it as a barking cough but he doesnt couch constantly. He is also really fussy. By fussy I mean grunting a lot, stretching and then curling his legs in, flinging his arms, whining, having high pitched cried. Also he has been pooping ALOT more than normal. The poop ranges from bright yellow to dark green, is really seedy and has a horrible smell. He has to have pooped bettwen 6 and 12 times each day in the past 4 days. he was only pooping once a day. I can't call it diarhea. it seems normal to me but isnt thick in consistency. Do you think he is getting sick? I am taking him to the doc today but just wondering what you mommies though.

travisnowensmom

Asked by travisnowensmom at 10:52 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think a visit to the doctor is in order, there is a huge outbreak of whooping cough, and it does sound like barking,,,,better safe than sorry, good luck momma, and give him a snuggle from me!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:04 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Do you breast or bottle feed?
    As far as the cough and other symptoms, I definitely think a trip to the doctor is a good idea. Good luck and I hope he feels better soon. :)
    MommySteph06

Answer by MommySteph06 at 12:10 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Barking cough sounds like Croup, my son gets it a lot, but never that early. Maybe it is maybe its not. I wouldn't wait, take him to the doctor right away.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 1:34 PM on Nov. 4, 2010