Inflation is coming. How bad will it get?

You can wear those ratty socks for a few more months but you have to eat every day.
Link text

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 10:55 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:25 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Seriously, I don't know where you all live or what you do, but life will always go on the same way for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• The impact depends directly on how you shop and eat. The more prepared, prepackaged things you rely on, the harder hit you will be by it. The more fresh, basic ingredients you use, the lower the impact. A value meal or frozen pizza had to accommodate the increase in pricing in each individual component and still make a profit - they'll on a percentage go up more than the basic cost to you for flour or chicken.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:07 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I hope it isn't "Jimmy Carter" high. I've done that once before.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:42 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Actually, Steph, ya know I love ya, but it's all perception or perspective really. In years gone by, people paid as much as 40% of their incomes on food. But the increased technologies being used to produce more food, produce it more cheaply, and make it last longer on the shelf has made food costs over the last 60 years continually go down. Until recently, food prices have gone up like 20% and incomes have gone down in some areas 20%. Basically leaving a 40% difference, making food prices seem so much higher. When in reality, the US actually enjoys one of the lowest food costs in the world for it's citizens. Until food prices run up over 20% of the AVERAGE citizens income, I really can't worry about it. Especially when we have people on PA buying higher priced organic foods by choice. I can't say I feel their pain while I grind my own grain by hand in the kitchen and process my own deer meat at home by hand.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:18 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• YSK, page 2 link to food prices going up, see-my crystall ball was working well that day too.teehee
    Now if only someone would alert the Chinese and tell them to increase rice production so Walmart can sell it cheaper to us.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:04 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Most Americans could afford to eat less. Cooking from scratch is cheaper and better for you. I will be making Pesto later today- my fresh basil is moistening under wraps at this moment. No time today for fresh pasta though.

I am with older-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:01 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I don't know, but I'm going through my pantry this week and taking inventory. I really like buy stuff we eat on sale (with coupons when I can) and use it as we need it.

It's food season, so now's the time to stock up on the canned goods and baking supplies and other shelf-stable foods.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 3:01 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I buy extra tp, paper towels, female products, and gain, or cheaper soap to wash clothes. I did this incase prices go up, and that way what money i have i can buy milk, eggs, or meats, like chicken, or weenies. I notice here , the weenies are going up, and other foods are going up too. So i look for sales, and coupons as well to save money.. If we stock up on some things , than it will help us out when hard times comes...
    ahortiz5

Answer by ahortiz5 at 5:14 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:00 AM on Nov. 4, 2010