You know you love being a mom when....

All four of your children are sound asleep and you think that's when they are their cutest...

add your own saying

nightowlmama4

Asked by nightowlmama4 at 1:43 AM on Nov. 1, 2008 in General Parenting

• You're frustrated to your wits end and little arms come up to hug you and say "I love you mommy"
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 1:44 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• awwww isnt that the truth. I love being a mom when you carry your child for 9 months and the day finally comes that you see that adorable face
    jctf47

Answer by jctf47 at 1:47 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• you know you love being a mom when...

you'll spend 2 hours trapped in your recliner just because you don't want to move your kids off of you when they are being sweet and cuddly. :)
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 1:51 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• When my DS is running around the yard playing, going to the edge of the parking lot, and looking back, just taunting me to chase him, so he has a reason to run away from me, but comes back when i don't move (lol, mommy's learned that game!)
    When i let my DS stay up late, cuz hey, it's halloween and he's got a sugar rush anyway, and when he's finally tired he comes up and snuggles on me...he hasnt' done that in a long time! it felt good when he did that tonight.
    When you see those "first time" moments. The first words, crawling, walking, ect.
    When you're playing with your kids and they laugh...i LOVE my kids' laugh...
    When no matter what, (at this age anyway) whether he's happy or sad, all i have to say is "kisses" and i get a kiss from my Lil' Man...and "BIG HUG!!" and get a big hug.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 1:55 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• when you actually like when your toddler's sick because he will actually cuddle you! He's not too busy when he's sick to need his mama :)
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 2:31 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• When the only time you one year old will stop crying is when you hold him in your arms. My lo is doing that right now good thing Im not busy.
    Also when your 3 yr old comes up to you and says mommy somebody scared me and you ask who and he says the monster and you get to explain to him that there is no monster and you cuddle with him till he feels safe enough to go back to sleep.
    ChristianBabe87

Answer by ChristianBabe87 at 9:01 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• When your teen son still feels comfortable hugging you and saying "I love you" in front of his guy friends. When he says "thanks for everything you do for me" and "I know you'll always have my back". When he feels safe enough to open up about some pretty sensitive subjects.

When your daughter tells you that (sometimes) you're cooler than her friends. When she enjoys being your sous-chef when making family dinners. When she gives you a thousand hugs and kisses a day. When she rushes to see you first thing in the morning. And on and on and on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• You know you love being a mom when...

Halfway thru a tantrum, you ask yourself, "Why do I want more?"

When I tell my son his dad is a goofball, and he says "No! I'm a goofball!" and giggles. Then I say, "Your a pair a goofballs!" And he laughs so hard he gets tears in his eyes!

When I cry during a movie, he sits in lap facing me and says, "Mommy, don't be sad. I love you" wipes my tears with his tiny fingers and then gives me a huge hug.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 9:58 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• you tell your son "no, you will not weedwhack the dog" and don't even think about how weird that statement is until the friend sitting on your couch gives you a strange look and says "what?" LOL

Also, when you use a crayon to write down the info for a job interview b/c it's the only writing implement you can find.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:33 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• For all these reasons and so many more is why I LOVE BEING A MOM, and wouldn't change it for the world!!!!
    smilinghug

Answer by smilinghug at 11:33 AM on Nov. 1, 2008