what to do about a child who bites other children

What advice can you give on child that is biting other children at daycare? biting and hitting other children

jojosnana345

Asked by jojosnana345 at 11:11 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Bite back. Not hard, but enough to get the point across.

I'll get bashed for this, but I've learned that sometimes a child needs to know what it feels like to receive the same they're giving.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:13 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Okay reformed biter here... I think you need to pick him up and put him in time out as soon as ANY incident occurs,, be very firm, and say Mommy does not like that,, make him sit for 1 minute and do not back down from him trying to get up! I promise this will work,,,and no biting them doesn't help! Trust me my own Mom tried it!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:14 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• the child should be separated from the other children and put in time out when displaying this type of behavior. and explained on their level why we do not do such things. then the parent should also explain why this is wrong as well. good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Biting does work with some kids. My son bit only twice. He bit my mom both times and after the second time, she bit him back, got in his face eye to eye and explained and got on to him. He never bit again.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:52 AM on Nov. 4, 2010