Are they different...?

Are dads with daughters going to have a different attitude about young women than dads without any daughters?

Overall... I know every man is different, but in general do you think its more likely?

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 11:13 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• In a way.. yes. Because now everytime they see a young lady or hear stories about a young lady they will always have it in their mind.. "What is this were MY daughter?" Their opinions of women may have formed long before becoming a father but everything changed with that little girl is in their arms
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 11:17 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• No. Their opinions about young women were formed well before they became parents.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 11:15 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Their opinions about women are formed by how they see their Mothers. And hopefully they respect their Moms. Then they will respect and value ther daughters.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:55 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Yes, I think so.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:16 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• if*
    Ctink8189

• My husband has no daughters& no sisters but he is very respectful of females. His father had no daughters but had older sisters and he was very respectful to females and he raised his sons with that same respect. Our sons have no sisters but they were raised to respect females. My father, by the way, had 3 daughters and 3 sisters and he treated females horribly....because he was raised by a father who had no respect for females. Having daughters didn't change my dad or his father. It's how you are raised & not who you are raising that affects how you treat people.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 1:51 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Im thinking a daughter changes the way a man thinks
    keepswimming

Answer by keepswimming at 3:57 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Zoeyis, my husband wouldn't be any more or less respectful of females if he had a daughter. He'd be the same as he is now. He doesn't believe that females should wear skimpy clothes, he believes that males should open doors for females, he doesn't believe in swearing around females, he doesn't raise his voice to females, etc.. He was raised that you are polite to and around females and that they are not sex objects. Our sons were raised the same way. You treat females the way you'd want others to treat your mothers, wives and sisters. That's where the teaching starts. It then later applies to your daughters if you have them. Many men have daughters and they treat females poorly, see them as sex objects and act without manners around females. Having daughters didn't change them. The reason for that is because of how they were raised.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 4:33 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• If having a daughter changed the way men think, then why are there so many disrespectful men out there? I think it has to do with oneself and not the fact of them solely having daughters. I think a man's viewpoint changes for "his" daughter and how he doesn't want "his" daughter growing up being anything but a respectful woman...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 4:35 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• yes and no...some of it depends on how they were raised to view women and then when some have daughters they get a taste of what it is like...
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 10:36 PM on Nov. 4, 2010