is pot a gateway drug?

Apr1l

Asked by Apr1l at 11:20 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Entertainment

• No more than cigarettes or alcohol...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:22 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• No,
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 11:22 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• It has been proven not to be a gateway drug. Here's just one of the studies: http://www.rand.org/news/press.02/gateway.html
    SotilSol

Answer by SotilSol at 11:23 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Not to me. I've done pot when I was a teen and it didnt make me want to do any other drugs, not even smoke cigarettes. I told myself when I was younger that I've seen too many people have nasty habits they couldnt afford and brought other people down because of the habit and thats what stopped me from doing anything serious. I think if the person already wants to do another drug, or gives into peer pressure too easily, thats the gate way!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:23 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• No, some people that have smoked marijuana might choose to move onto other drugs, but not everybody does.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:24 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I personally think it is. Almost any drug addict will say they started with marijuana. If you've ever watched Intervention it almost always says he/she started smoking Marijuana when they were teenagers. However, to respond to some of the previous answers, it's not a drug that you try once, twice or even three times and want to do more. If a person is the type to smoke it every day to get really high, then I do believe it is a gateway. I've known many of those types of potheads that go on to do E, Cocaine, and even Heroin.
    iluvmm09

Answer by iluvmm09 at 11:35 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Saying marijuana leads to other drugs is like saying masturbation leads to rape.
    The truth is, the main thing leading users to other harder drugs is the black market. If you have to go to a drug dealer to get your marijuana, chances are you're going to be exposed to harder drugs because the dealer sells all kinds.
    SotilSol

Answer by SotilSol at 11:41 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• It is if you let it
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 11:55 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• it is if u let it be! but normally it not! i smoke pot all threw high school and i never did anything else! i believe if it comes from the ground its good but i dont mess with the other shit! but thats just me!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 12:14 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• i think it depends on the person
    tiff189

Answer by tiff189 at 12:29 PM on Nov. 4, 2010