is TV bad for a 4 month old?

jordanboo

Asked by jordanboo at 11:31 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I dont think they really can pay much attention.. but dont ever use it as a baby sitter later on .
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 11:33 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I used to put on Baby E for my DD when she was a BRAND NEW baby, mostly for background noise, but by four months, she did pay some attention to it. I feel that TV is fine if it is limited, and NOT used as a baby sitter.

FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 11:34 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I read an artical in American baby just the other night that its not good to let your little one watch t.v until age 2 but i dont they can really pay attention until then anyways
    aggheff08

Answer by aggheff08 at 11:39 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• As long as it's not all day every day. That's not good for anyone.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:40 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• They can't really watch at that age. I think TV can be a great learning tool. Just don't let your kids become couch potatoes.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:41 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I think for ''his'' or ''her'' eyes
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 11:41 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Also just wanted to add, music is a lot more fun for them at this age, so if you have CD's you can put in for them, do that! My DD used to listen to a kid CD that had like Old Macdonald, twinkle twinkle, mary had a little lamb, etc. and she would dance and giggle. Much more fun that TV!
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 11:42 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• It's not made for that age- noise, colors, overall writing. I did let DD "watch" Baby Einstien dvds from the time I brought her home. She is 2 now and loves them all still.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 11:49 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I don't know if it's bad, but it isn't good. We listen to Pandora via our DVD player. You can listen on your computer, though. There is an awesome kid's folk channel and my daughter loves it. After awhile she would start to flap her arms and squeal when I turned on the music. Now she kind of dances. It's so cute.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:41 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I didnt let my daughter watch tv until she was 1. Now she is 3 and still doesnt watch it i always kept her occupied with other things so tv isnt really her thing on saturdays i will let her watch a movie as she lays down and she always falls asleep like 20min into it. Most of my friends kids are all addicted to the tv they have been watching it their whole lives but it is hard to drag them away to do something productive or educational.
    lovinmybaby87

Answer by lovinmybaby87 at 3:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2010