I know it's a little late but...

does anyone else go through their child's trick or treat candy and inspect every single piece of candy? I do myself, and it truly scares me when I see people in the process of trick or treating just whip out a piece of candy and give it to their child without even looking at the wrapper. I may be paranoid but in my opinion it's better to be safe than sorry.

iluvmm09

Asked by iluvmm09 at 11:40 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Holidays

• Yes ma'am.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:42 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I use to when my kids were little and i brought candy for them to eat while they trick or treated better to be safe then sorry.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 11:42 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• We look through EVERYTHING. We even through out three or four "questionable" pieces!
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 11:44 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I did when he was little, but, he can do it now. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:48 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I look through it, but I don't inspect it. There really is no need to. There has yet to be an actual documented case of a needle in the candy or anything like that.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:52 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• When I was younger around 10, I had someone give me an apple for Halloween. I was trick or treating with my gfs in their neighborhood. I open up the apple and it was full of pins. It was give by an old lady they called the witch of the town. Till this day , I still remember the sick look on her face while giving me that apple...............
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Yep. We do. My parents helped me inspect it this year since we went trick-or-treating with them. You just never know what people are capable of.
    MommySteph06

Answer by MommySteph06 at 11:59 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I throw away anything hand wrapped or anything that looks slightly opened. I can't say I have inspected every piece though. If the candy is in a wrapper, like fun size bars, I just let them eat it.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:03 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Well my boys have only gone trick or treating one time, and you better believe that I went through their candy when they did :) I'm like you, I'd rather be safe than sorry, so...as a paranoid Mommy, I went through it =) They even got candy from our Church the other day, and some wrappers were off the candy, and I made them throw it away, LOL! Just keepin them safe ;)
    Charlie98

Answer by Charlie98 at 12:36 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• my kids aren't allowed to eat any til they get home then they pull out a handful each we inspect it then do the rest before they get it back the next day
    mom2eas

Answer by mom2eas at 3:41 PM on Nov. 4, 2010