Diva cup users?

Have any of you tried or do you use the diva cup for your period? I would like to learn more about it. thanks

beeluvin

Asked by beeluvin at 11:44 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Health

• Yep, I love it, what information do you need?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:45 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I'm wearing mine now. What do you want to know?
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 11:50 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I have a question in this question.....lol.....you ladies who use them, do they ever spill out all over when taking it out????

I at least have started using cloth pads, but on heavy days when I feel a tampon is a must I'd love to switch to this but i'm afraid i'd spill blood everywhere.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:29 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I tried it once but it was so messy, I admit I probably didn't do it right, but...I didn't wanna try again..

it was messy taking it out btw, not having it in...I couldn't feel it in and would probably like it if I didn't get blood all over my hand the first time taking it out ROFL...sorry..tmi lol
    MillieJ

Answer by MillieJ at 2:00 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• The first time I took it out it spilled. But I was on the toilet so it didn't matter. Now it doesn't spill. It takes getting used to, but so did tampons (I never got used to them but that's just me). Sure I get a little blood on my hands but then I wash them. Not a big deal.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 2:36 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I don't use it for one reason...it's made from latex and I'm allergic. Just wanted to throw that in. If you have a latex allergy you probably don't want to try it. Now if they make a latex free someone please let me know so I can give it a try.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:06 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• you rockthanks for the input ladies. I wanted to know if it hurts and is it safe, i don't know if silicon is latex? and if it is how do you find out if your allergic to latex? just trying gloves or something else latex and getting a rash? because i don't know if i am allergic to it, and that is my main concern is it safe long term? It sounds like a pretty cool tool less hassle, less waste and best of all more comfort.

beeluvin

Comment by beeluvin (original poster) at 12:48 AM on Nov. 5, 2010