What is your take on this? adult content

I'm sure some of you already heard about the 10 y/o girl who gave birth a couple days ago in Spain. How do some of you feel about this one? Her mom claims that it is common in Romania where they are from. Read on: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/11/02/world/main7014331.shtml

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Personally.. I think it is SICK. But things are done differently in other countries and nothing we say or think is going to change it. I sure do feel for her though.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 11:48 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Wow, I didn't even get my period until I was 15!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:48 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I guess the mother doesn't know that we have internet here and can look up and see it it NOT in their customs. That mother is sickening and doesnt deserve to be around her daughter and poison her with her crap
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:49 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• eep! what is a 10 y/o doing having sex???????????!
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:50 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Ridiculous
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 11:53 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I had sex for the first time at 11. I had my period at 9. So, technically I could have easily gotten pregnant at 11... Which I can't even imagine. And I'm sure had it happened it would have been a HUGE deal - he was only 13 or so, so crazy doesn't even begin to describe what would have gone on... So the physical aspect doesn't shock me at all. What does shock me is the mother's reaction. However, in many parts of the world girls are married and having children at 11 or 12 all the time. It's really nothing new, and there is a BIG difference between a 10 yr old American and a 10 yr old Russian or Kenyan or whatever... Do I want to see my 10 yr old have a baby? HELL NO! But all in all, it doesn't shock me either, it happens all the time in these other countries, not that that makes it okay, it just makes it the norm for THEM...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:57 AM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I do not see how this could be the norm for anybody i really think your wrong about that .
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 12:01 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Culture or not. It's wrong and sick.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 12:53 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• that is just terrible!!
    lyricsmommy08

Answer by lyricsmommy08 at 1:21 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• i had sex for the first time at 13 and it hurt imagine having sex with a 10 year old but thats common over there.i saw a spanish girl the other day with 9 kids and she didnt look to much older than 20
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 1:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2010