If your parents in law are mean to you and hubby and they never call to see how your child is doing, would you still send them pic's of your child?

They never call to see how my son is doing they won't even come by to see him or anything, they never get him anything for the holidays, but my father in law started sending emails to my hubby asking him for pic's of my son so we sent him some but now i'm worried what if they start printing them and showing them to there family pretending they took his picture and pretending they've spend time with him like good grandparents which in reality they never do. They go 4 hours away to visit my brother in law and we only live 13 minutes away and have been married for 4 years and not even once have they ever came by to see my son, they expect us to go.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• I wouldn't... I had the exact same issues with my inlaws!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• nope, not a chance
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 2:14 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• i would not send the pictures just for the fact that you only live 13 minutes away.!!!
    ldc90

Answer by ldc90 at 2:51 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Yes, actually I would send them pictures. You wanna know why? Because if they pretend to others that they spend time with those kids, they know in their hearts that it's a lie. Everytime they look into the beautiful eyes of those children, it will pull on their heartstrings. Don't let them fool ya girl! At the end of the day, when people are alone with their thoughts... their conscience convicts them.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 3:13 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• My own parents do this to me!! I do NOT sent pix or anything to them!! They do NOT deserve it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:19 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Brandyj - right on!

You can't control THEIR behavior, only your own. Do the bigger thing and send pictures. Don't sink to their petty level.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:25 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Nope, I wouldn't send pictures!! Along the same lines, my MIL was stealing pictures off my MySpace page and showing them to people like we hang out. She lived 15min away and NEVER came to visit. Family members finally realized she was full of shit cause they asked me about an event she supposibly went to and I outed her...
    roxy85

Answer by roxy85 at 3:27 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I would be the bigger person, if you are worried about them lying, make sure you write on the photo-- like a little xoxo, from your child... oh and a big "miss you", haha. Or write the event, like "mommy and i went to--fill in the blank".
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 7:20 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• No. I was in the same situation; MIL always on my case on how she never got to see the kids (she refused to ever come over, instead always wanting us to go to her place, which we did every Sunday for 2 years before it became too much and took away from what little family time we had). She has no problem going to visit her other grandkids that live the same distance from her as we do but that's a whole other story. I got tired of hearing how she was not a part of my kids' lives but that had more to do with her doing than us but she'll never see it; she won't even call for their birthdays. I stopped communicating with her and stopped sending pictures and never heard a peep out of her. It was great. Now, every once and again, I'll send a picture and a quick email and she is the most appreciative person ever. Still a pain in the ass but a tiny bit better!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:35 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• The what if's are gonna drive you crazy! That's sad they don't take time out to see your little family more often. Some times they don't realize the hurt they are causing, have you asked them why is it they don't come more often? As for the pictures YES I would send them with a reminder note of, "Come see him you'll be amazed how much he has grown!" I say Just asked..there is truth in the saying: The tongue is mightier than the sword! Use it, speak out for the wee one ...now don't lose ya nerve and go call. Good Luck!
    Joyo4

Answer by Joyo4 at 9:33 AM on Nov. 1, 2008