over $50 for a haircut?

I asked a while back "if you had $50 to spend on yourself what would you do". Many people said they'd love to get their hair done but it would cost over $50....exactly what is done to the hair that costs over $50?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 12:03 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I work in NYC. I get my hair cut there. I spend around $50. That is actually a good price. They wash cut and blow dry. A very good cut. I only get it cut every 3-4 months.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:06 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• oh so I guess it depends on the salon and how much is cut , styled etc? Because fantastic sams is like $13 lol but then again, they are low-end imo
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 12:09 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I'm in Illinois.. a regular hair cut is about $12.00 but you can get two colors of highlights for $70.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:10 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I'm lucky.. my sister does my hair.. for free!
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 12:13 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Yeap in NYC ..I am not surprised about the price.. I rarely cut my hair, but I like to blowdry/flat iron.... I made the mistake not to take my flat iron... so when we when to Orl in june.. I spent $35 everytime I got it done....
    Monica655

Answer by Monica655 at 12:21 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I live in soCal and it's hard for me to get out of the salon for less than $50-$60 plus $10 tip. That's just for a cut. I f I want highlights it's $150. Obviously I only do this once or twice a year.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:25 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• well i live in OKC and most stuff here is cheap but even a haircut is like $60 if you go to a good salon.

i go to the hair academy and get it done perfectly for $15 haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:37 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I would never pay $50 for a haircut and cringe when I hear people around me spend well over $100 on their hair or what gets me is woman who whine about being broke but turn around and spend $150 on their daughters hair
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:39 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• The place I go to here in CA charges about $50 for a consultation, shampoo, scalp massage, cut, style and blow dry. It's expensive but I've gotten cheap haircuts and they look like CRAP the first time I wash it at home.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:56 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• While I wouldn't spend that kind of money, if I got my hair styled the way I want (got my roots done, extended my bleached stripes and whited them out, then added a few colors like pink, blue and purple--or maybe skipped the color and got cornrows) then it would cost over $50. Because hair stylists are expensive, which is why I won't use them. My grandma was a beautician and I just can't handle spending that much on something my friends can help me do ;)

Doesn't help that the two times someone's bought me a hair cut, the stylist has screwed it up royally and I had to fix it myself.
    Xakana

Answer by Xakana at 2:06 PM on Nov. 4, 2010