You can call me nuts, But I know I'm right! "people who forget history, will repeat it"

I just do not get you people?? How could you think that the Government should govern your home, what you eat, what you hear?
I think that problem is that most of you did not grow up with seeing Russians standing in lines to get their government handouts and when they ran out you went hungry. If they had a large home other families had to live with you, like or not! The hospitals where worse. The whole life style was bad. The very poor and children where the ones the suffered the most!

There was a question a few days ago about cutting the U.S in half, people who want the government in their lives and the ones who want to be free. Will it did happen remember Germany?? The cold war!!
Walter Ulbricht, the head of the communist group said, “It has to look democratic, but everything must be in our hands.”
This is happing now!

gammie

Asked by gammie at 12:12 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• thankyou for considering the plight of the Native American. I greatly appreciate that.
    Yes, people who do not know history will be doomed to repeat it.
    History is not being taught in school the way a true conservative would want it to be taught. It's taught inline with the state's guidelines and regulations. Parent's should be teaching at home on a consistent and correct basis.
    The current election had a great impact on my teenager, and has changed his college course plan from music major to political science/law minor. So...don't feel too bad, things are not that bad with all of today's youth and the US in general. Be optimistic.!!
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 12:32 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• No. Not really. it kinda all came to a screeching halt on Tuesday. You survived the socialist with a supermajority for the last 2 years and you'll survive the next few months and then the next 2 years. Sit tight hon, it's gonna be allright.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 12:15 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I agree, gammie. I'm too young to remember Russia as you described, but I know that my self-sufficiency, independence, and liberty are things I value deeply. I don't understand people who are willing to hand their freedoms over to the government, which is what you do when you come to rely on it to meet your basic needs.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:16 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I agree with you, those who do not know and understand history are condemned to repeat it. It wasn't only the Russians. How about the Nazi's taking total control of Germany and it's people? It has happened and it can happen again when people pay no attention to what the govt is doing. Except for the defense of the nation and police and fire service and protection of the helpless, I think the govt should stay the hell out of our lives.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 12:42 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Parrishsky, I think this is the question:
    "How could you think that the Government should govern your home, what you eat, what you hear?"
    Do you have an answer?
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:17 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Clearly all can see that O is a moderate ..

HUGE eye roll

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:38 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• and parrish...the majority of teaparty Americas are yor average American..not extremists ..but thn you wouldn't know that you haven't attended any of their events..and just go by MSNBC
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:03 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Those new light bulbs will be made in China, they will not be made here in America.

Gammie, I am with you 100%. Most of these young gals do not even know the difference between a liberal and a progressive. They do not even realise the progressives have taken over the democrat party.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 2:31 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Making you buy health insurance they think is right for you.
    Anonymous

• As a teacher who teaches high school social studies and working on my master's in history...I think you should learn your history. We were really never under the threat of Communism. That was scare tactics and I see people believe it, still.  Socialism is not what our current president is doing. IN fact....he is not really even that liberal.  For the love of GOD stop comparing the current president to Hitler and Nazi Germany.  FASCISM is far RIGHT, not left! I am liberal as they come...however I do not want the govt into my personal lives. Republicans say they want less govt, but really they do not.  Republicans want abortions to be illegal and they block Gay marriage rights. To ME, that says we are hypocrites and hope no one else notices.  (:

Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:35 PM on Nov. 4, 2010