My brother's girlfriend took a pregnancy test..

And one line was very very dark and the other was clear and super hard to see. You have to hold the test in the light to see it... She is only one day past her missed period.. have any of you had this experience with a test? Could she be pregnant?

SuperrMommyy

Asked by SuperrMommyy at 12:13 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Google Positive pregnancy test images. You will see lots of pics of tests that look just like that.. If that line shows up at all within 10 to 15 minutes it's positive. She probably doesn't have a strong enough hormone for a darker line to show.

Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:27 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• She could very well be and maybe she just doesnt have enough HCG in her urine to get a darker line yet. Could also be an evap line but this is very rare especially if the line comes up right away. If she is pregnant then her result should come up more clear in a couple of days
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 12:14 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Yes, my 2nd pregnancy. The line was VERY faint and I had to hold it up to a window to see it, but I was indeed pregnant.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 12:15 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• My line was faint.. super, super faint. and I was pregnant. Two weeks BEFORE a missed period..
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 12:16 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• She could be pregnant. The first two tests I took when I was pregnant with my twins were like that, and I wasn't sure if it was true or if I was imagining I was seeing a line because I wanted it to be there. The 3rd day I took another test and it was definitely a line.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:16 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• My first pregnancy the line was extremely faint but that still indicates a positive result.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:16 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• It is still possible that she is pregnant. I would have her take another test in 4-7 days. If the line is still there, or especially if it comes up darker, then she is pregnant.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:16 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• yes she definately could be pregnant. the first pregnancy test i took showed neg. but the next day it showed pos. she may not have enough hcg in her urine yet. it takes a little while for it to build up. i would take another in a couple days.
    tiff189

Answer by tiff189 at 12:20 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• If she took more tests then it's positive.
    Musicmom80

• It's very much possible that she is pregnant. I had a test like that with my second one, so it does happen. Maybe she could get a digital test that will tell her if she is or isn't pregnant. Either that, or wait a few days and test again.
    Charlie98

Answer by Charlie98 at 12:32 PM on Nov. 4, 2010