if you want to get your hair done but cant find someone to watch your child?

my son is 2 1/2. He behaves well but tends to touch everything lol. I'd like to get my hair done today but cant find anyone to watch ds so is it ok to bring him with me? Some places are picky about that

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 12:19 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I would canclled the appt and wait until the weekend when my husband is home so he can watch him while i got my hair done.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 3:12 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I'd call the salon and see what they think. If you really don't care then just bring him- I'd over pack though making sure you have more than eneough for him to do.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:34 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Will he sit next you in his stroller while you're getting your hair done? That's what I used to do with my kids, but they didn't mind sitting quietly in a stroller for 30 or 40 minutes; I understand not all kids are like that. That's really the only option I can think of aside from a sitter.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:21 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I wouldn't. My 2 year old doesn't sit still for anything and there's no way I'd be able to take him anywhere without being able to tend to him. If you think he'd sit there (some kids do! lucky parents lol) then go for it but if you think he's going to be into everything I think it might cause some problems with the salon.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:21 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I can't but my kids won't sit still or stay out of anything at all. I usually end up getting my hair done when DH is home. I don't get to go when I want but these days I'm just grateful for that time whenever it happens to be.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:23 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I definitely wouldn't take him.. I would cancel my hair appt until i can find a sitter.,
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:27 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Most salon's do NOT want young children in their salon - there is too much they can get into if the are loose.

Do you have a Playdate drop in day care in your area?? The salon that I frequent is right next door to one of our playdates and they have an arraignment with them.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:39 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I have brought my child with me. Depending on where you go, they might have stuff for him to play with in a childrens area.
    Acook331

Answer by Acook331 at 10:24 PM on Nov. 4, 2010