is it possible to be 10 wks and then 5 ? adult content

hi iam a mother of 2 pregnant with my 3rd but im in my first trimester the thing is ive been spotting and with a little brownish and redish with no cramps the thing is i went yesturday to the OBGYN for an emergency check up i had a pelvic exam it was good but then he ordered an ultrasound i had it but they only saw a sac no fetal pole and im 5 weeks witch based on my last menstrual period im supose to b 10 wks and then he made me go to the lab to do a HCG level blood work they came out low so tomorrow i gotta go back to do another HCG level check now today im still spotting with no cramps but now is with a lot of mucus and brownish with lil red please has any1 had a similar experience and to tell u the truth i really want this baby the doc also said that probably i got preggo later sept and thats why i showed 5 wks in the u/s please i ned advice does this means im gonna loose the baby i hope not .

jessy316

Asked by jessy316 at 12:19 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm afraid the spotting and bleeding is usually not a good sign, but until you get the results of that second HCG test back, there's no way of knowing. If you truly are only 5 weeks, it would be normal for the HCG to still be low, and for only the sac to show in an ultrasound. As long as the level of this next HCG test is about double, that's a good sign. But if it stays the same, or goes down, I'm afraid you're experiencing a miscarriage... I'll keep my fingers crossed for you...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:22 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• thx i appreciate ur advice all i can do is pray and trust in God that everything is gonna be ok and i got preggo later sept so keep me in ur prayers
    jessy316

Comment by jessy316 (original poster) at 12:35 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• If there is a sac and no fetal pole it could be a blighted ovum. It would be a little weird to call it a miscarriage when there was no baby in there. However it is still possible that maybe you are just five weeks along. Until you get the test results you won't know. just in case don't have sex and try to stay off your feet. (In other words self prescribed bed rest) Will hope for the best. If it does end in miscarriage just know that you will be more fertile following so you can try again. But we'll stay focused on the positive. Late sept. pregnancy.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:43 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• 2autisticsmom, I actually had a blighted ovum before I got pregnant with my son, and even though technically there is no baby, when you start bleeding and expelling the sac, it IS still considered a miscarriage.... I even needed a DNC afterwards to make sure everything was indeed expelled. However, there may be some truth to the fertility thing, I got pregnant again a month later.

But like you said, let's hope for the positive here :)
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:49 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• At 5 weeks, it does not sound good momma. I'm sorry.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:59 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I had about the same thing happen.I was 12 weeks but was showing only 6.I lost the baby, but now I have a healthy pregnancy.Sometimes things like that happen and were not sure what went wrong.But you can always try again and have a happy healthy baby! Best of luck I hope everything goes good for you.
    aliceinlove

Answer by aliceinlove at 3:04 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Thx for sharing ur experience but I went today to the lab to to a HCG level test again and I just gotta wait till later afternoon but right now I'm feeling lots of cramps and still bleeding but now is red I still have my hopes that the test come out higher than the fisrt but to tell u the truth I feel like I'm in my period the cramping are mild but the bloos is a little with clots small ones
    jessy316

Comment by jessy316 (original poster) at 11:42 AM on Nov. 5, 2010