Is pinkish discharge normal for a pregnant

im now 6 weeks and 2 days along and maybe just a little perinoid but its my first baby and I want to be safe than sorry when should or if I should start to worry

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think if you have a little pinkish discharge that goes away, don't worry about it. But if it increases in amount or color, definitely go get checked out.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:39 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• No matter what anybody tells you, you will still worry. Pinkish discharge is normal. Light bleeding is not normal but it is more common than people think. Unless you are soaking pads with heavy cramping, you should be fine. If it would put your mind at ease, go in for an ultrasound. They can detect at a heartbeat at that stage.
    I am 13 weeks and I had spotting alot in the first 8 weeks, then I had a couple bouts of actual heavy bleeding. I freaked out, went in every time to find out that my baby was fine. It could be a slight placenta previa, a subchorionic hematoma, or an irritated cervix. All of those are mostly harmless.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Don't worry your fine but if it starts getting worse see your doctor asap.
    melinda033

Answer by melinda033 at 12:46 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Bright red blood is the only thing that would cause alarm. Pinkish discharge is fairly common and is usually not indicative of any problem. To make yourself feel better, give your doctor/midwife a call and double check.
    MommySteph06

Answer by MommySteph06 at 12:56 PM on Nov. 4, 2010