my bunnys treats

Should I be giving him a carrot and celerey and other veggies and apples besides his food pellets everyday

blue_glass_mama

Asked by blue_glass_mama at 12:35 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Pets

• Sure, that would be good for him.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:37 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Yes, rabbits love fresh fruits and veggies. Hay is an excellent treat as well, it helps them wear down their teeth.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 1:09 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Yes you should. I had a rabbit who sadly died a few days ago. We fed him: clover, dandilions, lettuce,spinach, green pepper, carrots, and his favorite of all was bananas. They like to have greens to chew on. He didn't like celery much except for the inside leaves.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 1:25 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• NO! Carrots are full sugar and are actually NOT GOOD for rabbits! And celery is all water, like iceberg lettuce, and really isn't good for them either. You could give them an occasional slice or two of carrot as a treat or the celery TOPS, but it is actually best to give them leafy greens, but only small amts twice a day. My two rabbits love a big "slab" of romaine...or stalks of Italian parsley! Always make sure they have plenty of Timothy Hay available, and only give them a 1/4 cup of pellets once a day. Mine like a small dried papaya square or a yogurt drop as a bedtime treat, and will actually "shake" the bars of their cages to get them when it's bedtime.
    CCMom123BetsyR

Answer by CCMom123BetsyR at 2:58 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I raise New Zealands ... they get pellets, hay, just about any greens or fruit (they love oranges!) I have handy, clover, herbs, etc. I also give them raw bacon after they kindle and add calf manna for the first few weeks while they are nursing. Mine are pretty spoiled ~ although I also make my chickens oatmeal, feed them yogurt, and hang cabbages in their runs lol. I'm not even going to get into the goat cookies ...

I have both pets and meat animals, but I think they all deserve to eat well and live happily.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 6:19 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• FarmLady09! Great job! We raise beef cattle and spoil them rotten, the other farmers think I am nuts. I have a favorite cow. I fell in love with her as a calf, let her keep her horns and she follows me everywhere. She is not a good calf producer only 2 in 5 years, but I love her anyway. All our hands know that Peaches and her calves stay at Rambling Wreck Ranch. No questions asked. LOL
    LSUFFMomma

Answer by LSUFFMomma at 3:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• ya thats fine to do
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 12:27 AM on Nov. 7, 2010