I have been on my period for two and a half weeks, does anyone know if i could be pregnant or if something else could be wrong?

melinda033

Asked by melinda033 at 12:35 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Something else is wrong. You need to see a doctor to find out what exactly.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:36 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Yeah, that's not a good sign. If you WERE pregnant and bleeding for two weeks that would be something to be very concerned about.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:37 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• If you've been on your pregnant for 2-1/2 weeks then you're not pregnant. I guess you could've miscarried, but it could be a number of different things. Go to your OB.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:38 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Im not a doctor so I cant diagnose you but I can tell you that a friend of mine something that is called polysistic ovary syndrome and that is what happens to her she bleeds for about 3 to 6 weeks and then doesnt bleed for about 4 months then does it again if it is caught early you can do something about it if left untreated can cause infertility and other serious health problems. Then again it can be many things your body can be cleaning itself etc. I suggest that you do go to a doctor and get it check just for a little piece of mind.
    mylove2011

Answer by mylove2011 at 12:43 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and I have crazy periods, just like PP's friend. I never really know when it's coming, and it is not at all regular. I've bled for 5 weeks before, varying between heavy and light. I've bled crazy heavy for a day, and then it was gone for 2 months. See your doc, and see what's up. I found out I had PCOS early last year, and haven't used BC in more than 3 years...no pregnancies, no babies. It's got a number of other side effects, but the infertility was the one that hit me the hardest.
    sojourner.

Answer by sojourner. at 12:57 PM on Nov. 4, 2010