Help my son wet MY bed last night!

My mattress is a non-flip, I am prego and I live in an upstairs apartment.
So any ideas on how to clean the mattress without toxic cleaners or taking it outside?

mslksdh

Asked by mslksdh at 12:44 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Vinegar mixed w/water and dish soap. Maybe add a little bit of tea tree oil.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 12:46 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• You can call your carpet cleaning company, and most reputable companies clean furniture, and will do mattresses as well. Once you get the pee out, go to a mattress store and get one of these:

http://www.lunamattress.com/Luna-Waterproof-Mattress-Protectors_p_3.html

These are cotton terry-cloth protectors with a waterproof membrane. They're kinda pricy, but you'll never EVER have to clean your mattress. You just pull it off when you change your bedding and throw it in the washer! Easy as pie, and they absorb a lot!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:59 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I agree with matobe..........Ive just got a plastic protector on my sons mattress just in case.

I've used 409 or what ever I had on hand......shampoo even and scrubbed the mattress with WARM almost hot water...never had a smell after and I used a floor fan to dry it..........the stains are still there though......but after he did that a time or two when he got in my bed.......I got a protector for mine as well!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 4:52 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Mine did too. I sprayed it with mr. clean and wiped with a wet washcloth. Then through the washcloth in the wash.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:48 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I would use a pet stain/odor remover such as Nature's Miracle.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:48 PM on Nov. 4, 2010