Do u consider having unprotected sex with ur spouse as TTC??? or as, if it happens it happens???

cantmoveon

Asked by cantmoveon at 12:48 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I only did as TTC. Now, I had a tubal and it's the norm.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:49 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Both?? Anytime you have unprotected sex you KNOW there is a high chance of getting pregnant, so why even say your NOT trying? My husband and I considered it both TTC and Letting it happen
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 12:50 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• That is whatever happens happens.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 12:51 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Well, in a situation when the women is not charting and they are just having unprotected sex, then Yes, they are TTC wheither or not they are actively doing so.

Now, my husband and I practice NFP (natural family planning) by charting and knowing my fertile time. We do not have unprotected sex for about 2 weeks of my cycle because of my past fertility record but there are about 5 days a month that we call "safe days" and we do have unprotected sex. We are not TTC.

Make any sense? LOL
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:52 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Hmmm. When I got pregnant my form of birth control was the rhythm method. So when people found out we were expecting and asked had we been trying my answer was that we weren't really NOT trying to get pregnant. I knew that it could be a very unreliable method of birth control but figured if it happens and we get pregnant then so be it. It wasn't like back in my early 20's when preventing pregnancy was so important to me.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 12:56 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• When my hubs and I would have unprotected sex we had the 'if it happens it happens' attitude. We did want children and if it happened fine, if not that was ok too. Once our family was complete the tubes were tied and now it does not matter.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:56 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I would say just unprotected sex is "if it happens it happens" in my mind, TTC is doing something active to try and conceive :P haha, like using instead cups or timing it or charting, etc
    MillieJ

Answer by MillieJ at 1:23 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• If it happens, it happens. TTC involves some act of planning. Having sex around ovulation, charting and all that other fun stuff. You aren't trying to prevent it either by using birth control... so if it happens, it happens. BTW most pregnancies are unplanned so what does that say about TTC??
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:24 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• my husband and i have been having unprotected sex for a couple of years and we only have one daughter so if i get pregnant i get pregnant and so be it.the only thing is we have sex almost every night
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 1:31 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Well...I guess it's sort of passively TTC, since if you are using no method of prevention.
    celestealyce

Answer by celestealyce at 1:57 PM on Nov. 4, 2010