Your Grandma & Grandpa

List 3 things you miss from each of them & love:

I miss my Grandma's gentle touch & love
How she loved apples & could always peel one perfectly without breaking the coil
How she called me by my nick name and hugged me

I miss my Grandpa taking me to Stanley Park, hopping on the bus, as a kid and he would bring us hot dogs with ketchup and we would sit together & have a small picnic in the sun

I miss helping my Grandpa clean the fish he'd catch (it didn't seem yucky back then)

I miss my Grandpa's love and gentle self & smile
I miss my Grandpa's laugh & big heart

and I miss how they would always have a special chocolate bar waiting for me in their fridge when we'd visit them : )

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 1:02 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I never knew my maternal grandfather, he passed away when my mom was 5 years old. I miss my maternal grandmother's sweet smile, hugs, and her homemade refried beans and tortillas. I miss my paternal grandfather's sense of humor, and the time he spent with me. I miss my paternal grandmother's Southern cooking, her sweet smile, and how when we would leave her, she would always say "Let me hug your neck" and "I love you so good!! She would always tell me to be good by saying "You be sweet". I almost can't wait to get to Heaven and experience all of this again!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 4:36 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I miss my grandmother's phone calls
    I miss my grandmother's love and support
    I miss my grandmother's friendship

My grandfather is still alive :)
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 1:03 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I miss my Grandpa's sense of humor, his unconditional love, and he was the 'glue' that kept our family together
    I miss my Grandma's love and support, her 'advice', and our girl talks
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:06 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I miss never having any..
    I miss never having any family or anyone ever there for me growing up.
    I miss that my own DD's couldn't have mine. Since I never had any. I couldn't give them any.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 1:07 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Grandma V- I was her only granddaughter for many years, At her house I was special. She always had time to talk or listen. I miss standing on the stool in her kitchen to help. Grandpa E- I miss nothing. He was a mean, vile old man.

Grandma F- I miss her hushpuppies, nobody seems to be able to replicate them. I miss hiding in her garden. I miss her hugs. Grandpa J- I miss the stories of the old days. When I was a kid he let us do things Mom or G wouldn't. On Saturdays, after chores, he would walk us down to Millers Fountain and buy ice crea, or hot chocolate.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:08 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• They are both still alive....but...

I miss how I dont live down the street from the.
    How me and grandma would always go get our hair and nails done together
    Sitting in the hot tub with my grandma and a bottle of wine ;)
    How she always jumps up to give you a hug when you walk in the door...even if you just got back from getting something out of the car

I miss my grandpa taking me around in the golf cart and acting like he was on a race track
    How he was always the playful guy when we went swimming
    And how you can talk to him about something that is wrong and how someone is being a jerk...and grandpas responce..."well he's just stupid...thats stupid" lol....he always knew what to say to make you smile.

Oh yeah and I miss my grandmas amazing dinners and my grandpas awsome breakfeast lol
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:10 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I miss my grandpa's corny jokes,
    I miss his advice and how important he made me feel.
    I miss seeing him in his robe and slippers reading the newspaper.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 1:14 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Mine are still alive, but we live further away now, and I miss being so near them, being able to go see them whenever we wanted, seeing them with our son.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:07 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• not sure why there is a thumbs down for angellinda?
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 1:15 PM on Nov. 4, 2010