I had a c-section and the nurse was pressing my stomach really hard that it hurt alot, is that normal?

she said they have to do that to every patient that has a baby so all the blood can get out, is that true did they do that to you too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Health

• yes it's normal. fundal massage. (sp?) they are massaging your uterus so that it will shrink and get the blood out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• you mean after the c-section? yeah, totally normal. they did that after i had my son, omg i wanted to punch the nurse..lol. i had my DD, and i guess i kinda pushed all the pain that i had out of my mind, cuz i totally forgot they did that, and it all came flooding back to me when they had to do it again...but yeah, that's normal.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 2:12 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• i dont think it should be called a massage because they do it like they want to smash you and kill u, it hurts bigtime!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• After I had my daughter (natural) I was hemorrhaging really bad...blood everywhere all over the floor and everything. So they give me 2 shots to stop the blood and for like and hour straight there were at times 2 nurses pushing on my stomach trying to make the bleeding stop. I was in tears omg that pain was worse then the delivery

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• They did that to me after my c-section with my son. They actually do it to every woman after birth... vaginal or c-section. And yes, it hurt like I could never have imagined! Its the only time I've ever wanted to break someone's arm!
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 2:49 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• They did that with me, and I asked her why she did it. She says it helps get rid of the blood and it shrinks the uterus. It did hurt a little, but, I was cramping and when she finished it stopped and felt a lot better.That was done with my 2nd child. I wish they had done it with my first.. I t does feel hurtful at first, but, those cramps were worse than the massage. For me, that is
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 7:55 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Yes, they did that and I had a c-section as well. It was a bitch.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 11:15 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Totally normal, unfortunately. The nurse that did it to me was a b*tch she told "you are an adult now act like it!" She was so nasty I'd like to have slugger her!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:55 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Answered at 6:55 AM on Nov. 1, 2008 by: Kat122
    They did that with me, and I asked her why she did it. She says it helps get rid of the blood and it shrinks the uterus. It did hurt a little, but, I was cramping and when she finished it stopped and felt a lot better.That was done with my 2nd child. I wish they had done it with my first.. I t does feel hurtful at first, but, those cramps were worse than the massage. For me, that is

I had the cramps even after i got home...the cramping is just the uterus contracting back to it's normal size. i was breastfeeding, which makes it faster...omg it hurts like hell when you're having cramps and breastfeeding at the sametime! i was hurting all over.
    Anonymous