Brainwashed by Fox?

I'm just curious--why is it that whenever one expresses a conservative/libertarian/I-don't-want-the-government-to-continue-expanding opinion, the left immediately shouts that you've been "brainwashed by Fox"? I'm not brainwashed by anyone and rarely watch Fox. I also don't own a gun or listen to country music. I get so sick of the idiotic assumptions. Do those of you who do that realize how stale and disingenuous those insults are?

vicesix

Asked by vicesix at 1:08 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't have the answer for you. I think the majority of people that scream that have never even listened to 5 minutes of FOX news and are just regurgitating what they have heard from like minded liberal media personalities.  Honestly, in the past I have gotten my news from a variety of sources and got tired of trying to decipher if what they were presenting were really the facts.  It became too much work to be skeptical of every work that came out of MSM (mainstream media).  I trust FOX and don't feel I have to do that.  Now, they are my main news source.  YES.. they are fair and balance.  That is why I choose them.nerdy

Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 2:52 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• It is the only comeback they have.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:10 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I've had this happen on here as well. I do watch Fox, but I also watch others as well. From what I've observed, Fox has a more balanced reporting, and on commentary programs (and most people don't seem to understand the difference) they often have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans. Thoughtful debates, showing two points of view.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 1:13 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Well I think you should listen to country music and then go get yourself a hound dog......and then we could be neighbors and stuff.
    ....Hey! We already are.
    Ok seriously....cause you made my day and all, I'm not sure why they do it.
    There have been times I thought my family members were brainwashed by CNN, I have to hide the remote when they visit. Literally.
    The fear with the effectiveness of the Channel and the fear of how high the ratings are must be right up there with the fear they have of palin and her numbers and effectiveness.
    My answer in a nutshell
    They are responding in fear. And that's totally OK with me. Daily.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 1:19 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Thank you for posting this, I'm glad someone finally did. I do watch Fox but I also read and watch other news. And I'm not brainwashed by anyone. I don't hear people on here saying that people are brainwashed by CNN or MSNBC. I guess it's the only put down they can think of because they can't answer the questions or defend what they are saying so they have to blame it on Fox. Oh and they don't think anyone besides liberals have a brain, I've noticed that condesending attitude on here a lot.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 1:31 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• why is it that whenever one expresses a conservative/libertarian/I-don't-want-the-government-to-continue-expanding opinion, the left immediately shouts that you've been "brainwashed by Fox"?

***
    It's typical of the Projection Theory--those who feel a certain way often project their feelings onto others, as if THEY think/feel the same way....another way of saying someone is narrow-minded. If liberals can be easily "suckered" the ASSUMPTION is that everyone else can be just as easily "suckered!"

For example, some liberals STILL cannot comprehend that the TEA Party does not have a leader and is not a political party (even though it has the word "party" in it!), since liberals MUST have someone lead them, yet they call us the "brainless sheep" when we've shown time and time again that is not the case!! Round and round and round we go!!

When you've "got nothing" insult those with opposing views--it's the Alinsky way! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:48 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• O' Reilly is too tall to F..k.
    He's like 6'5" or something. Makes for one of those situations where if you are
    toes to toes your nose is in it
    and if you're nose to nose
    your toes are in it.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 1:24 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Sadly, many apparently can not debate without ending their POV with that "below the belt" blow. It's too bad because, IMO a decent, well-informed point can stand all on its own without a moron, ignorant, right or left jab attached.

***

It IS very unfortunate that SOME people on here bring out the worst in others. I for one don't like being called a "LIAR" repeatedly, over the most superficial reasons, and so I will make my displeasure known!! In real life I would do the same, so I do not see how the internet is any different!

Do I like to "hit below the belt?" NO! It goes against my otherwise "happy-go-lucky" real life persona, but I have always felt the need to defend myself and my character, and when PERSONAL ATTACKS are lobbed at me, you can bet that I will spike a few back! Why is it acceptable for SOME to attack REPEATEDLY, yet it's "below the belt" for the recipient to "fight back?!"

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:31 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Because Fox News is usually right on the issues, show both sides and have representatives from both parties to debate the issue, and correct their mistakes. They poke fun but don't call names or make inappropriate comments like Chris Matthews, Keith O, or Ed Schultz does. When they do, they make apologies. This type of news analyst and commentary is unfamiliar to the dem who will resort to name calling and insults when found to be loosing a debate or realizes the topic isn't be well defended by them. So, blame Fox. It is one of the mantras they use.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:54 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• in the words of Snoop Dogg "F*** Bill O'Reilly"
    I don't like Fox News.

Sorry. I don't mean to offend anybody if I do.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 1:20 PM on Nov. 4, 2010