Would You ''Adopt'' a different ''Race'' infant/child?

Note: Cultural Diffences
Racism - would you really be able to ''Relate''

PS Be Nice/Respectful To Eachother Who Answer The Question

emily1230

Asked by emily1230 at 1:15 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Honesty? No. Society is such a mess today that I think it would be very difficult for both the parents and the child.
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 1:16 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• For sure. Race has never been an issue for me, and the child would be raised in my culture but I'd try to incorporate some of their culture into their upbringing as well. I have two bi-racial children and they're taught the beliefs and traditions of both of their cultures. I get to learn and experience new things myself so I think it's a win.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:18 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I would most definitely adopt a child from a different race/culture than my own. And I would make it a priority to learn about their culture and country as best as I could so I can always share with them where they came from. I wouldn't want to limit them to "my way" of learning, the way I grew up.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 1:19 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• My child is of mixed race. I am not. That makes us different races. What's the difference if it's your biological child or an adopted one?
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 1:20 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Sure would. We're made the same, just different colors. Who cares?
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 1:21 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I would adopt a child with a different race than my own. I think it would still be important for them to learn and know about their heritage, but if you can do that and love them without reservation than they will have a great childhood.
    celestealyce

Answer by celestealyce at 1:23 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• The race wouldn't keep me from it. they need families just like everyone else.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 1:24 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Sure why not? I would just learn all I could
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 1:27 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• YES
    MillieJ

Answer by MillieJ at 1:46 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• yes i would. i have a friend who did last year. they learned as much as they could about the baby's culture and customs. they in turn combine both cultures and that child has a wonderful life. i would do the same. i do not think you need to be of similiar race to raise the child in a safe, loving environment, we need more peace, love and understanding and acceptance in this world :)
    my parents who are not of same belief though so it would be a battle but i would and do fine.
    stargazer74

Answer by stargazer74 at 1:49 PM on Nov. 4, 2010