Honest Answers-Would you rather keep the friendship for your son or forgetabout it!

This mom and her son drove up north to see their grandfather that had heart surgery. She promised she would come down to see us like they way we do evry time we go down south. They are always up our a@@e@. But the mom never showed upand I took it in stride although I felt so pi@@ed. I finally dropped out of fb and so now the mom ignores my texts, e-mails an I am livid. I am at her beck and call every time I go down to her neck of the woods and so now she tinks she can ignore me and then be miss sweetie and fake and always coming over my inlaw's condo. Wht should I do? She is completely blowing me off all because I can not stand fb and told her I needed a break. Please no bashing, I am so hurt...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in

• I personally wouldn't keep the friendship,leave it up to your son though!
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 9:32 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I kind of get what you mean. I've had friends like that. I would be the one to call or the one to visit. It always feel like it's one-sided. I actually stopped talking to one friend because of this for 10 years (we got reacquainted through Facebook recently though), which wasn't that hard to do since I moved hundreds of miles a day.

I say if she is blowing you off, do the same, but let your sons decide whether they want to have a relationship or not (well, I guess depending on their age).
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:29 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• That's not a friendship. While I admit that I'm a FB addict and get much of my socialization there, I would never actively ignore someone for leaving FB, that's ridiculous. If our kids were great friends, then I might tolerate it, but I would not bother continuing to cultivate OUR friendship. I would push it off as simply an acquaintanceship and stop emotionally investing in a relationship to the so-called-'friend'.
    Xakana

Answer by Xakana at 1:33 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• My son is 14 years old.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:33 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• What should I do if they want to hang out all week this summer? How do I not get involved if they have to come over????
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:37 PM on Nov. 4, 2010