Should I worry about this skin rash? adult content

My daughter has what looks like a mild skin rash on her neck, chest, tummy, and back. It is nowhere on her arms, legs, or face and appears to get better after her bath. She doesn't seem bothered by this rash at all and in no way seems distressed. There is no fever. At first I thought could just be redness from dry skin, but since it looks like dots now I don't think it is.

celestealyce

Asked by celestealyce at 1:18 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Health

• I wonder if it's not an allergy? Maybe try a different laundry soap and change her bedding.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:20 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I was thinking the same as first poster....Might be because of the laundry soap...thats how i was when I was little....my parents had to rince the cloths in the washer 3-4 times.
    Anonymous

• Could be a reaction to soap or fabric softener or detergent. I know with my daughter I use dye and fragrance free products but she still gets a mild exzcema rash on her belly and back. I usually just bath her with water and only occaisionally use soap. If she wears something that was accidently washed in other detergent then she gets little bumps on her legs and arms too. I'm allergic to generic fabric softeners too so we don't use it...I've gotten major hives from it in the past.
    lish2127

Answer by lish2127 at 1:24 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I agree. Try a new detergent, or one with no perfumes.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 1:25 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Could be a reaction to something or eczema. I use Dreft Washing Powder, Aveeno Oatmeal Bath and Eucerin Lotion on my princess. Try to the Eucerin and Aveeno Oatmeal Bath for your princess.
    ProudMommie83

Answer by ProudMommie83 at 1:35 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I use fragrance free Dreft for all her things. For her baths I use the regular Johnson and Johson babysoap and shampoo..you know the yellow/orange and the pink johnson and johnson lotion. Do you think she could still be allergic to that?
    celestealyce

Comment by celestealyce (original poster) at 1:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I would get it looked at if it is not gone in a few days.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 2:06 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• My daughter can't use the Johnson's regular body wash or baby lotion. Right now we're using Johnson's Natural foaming face and body wash and its fragrance/dye free and I use Aveeno baby lotion. I try to avoid using soap on her as much as possible though. I use ALL free and clear laundry soap on her clothes and towels. The doctor did give us a prescription for a cream to put on it but I can't remember what it's called.
    lish2127

Answer by lish2127 at 4:02 PM on Nov. 4, 2010