How can i get my son to behave?

My son is 3.5 years old. He is very attached to me and its making me crazy! whenever i drop him off at school he stands at the door screaming and yelling. when i go to the bathroom or shower he stands by the door screaming and banging. he doesnt give me a break. at night he wakes up 2 or 3 times and he makes me take him to the kitchen for a bottle then i have to lay down with him till he falls back asleel, and he cant do that without putting his hand down my shirt! i dont know if he needs professional help or something.

3kids1125

Asked by 3kids1125 at 1:23 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Please tell me you aren't one of those "time-out" mothers. That seems so absurd to me.
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 1:24 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• what exactly do you meN BY "TIME OUT"?
    3kids1125

Comment by 3kids1125 (original poster) at 1:34 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I think is cute! lol I Know I know, I think is cute cause is not happening to me, lol just kind of see the funny side of it, I mean he loves you and needs you! right now anyways, he will get over it,(most kids do), Are you a single parent? cause if you are that would explain a lot, now does he cry all day long at daycare? or only before you leave? I used to work at a preschool, and lots of the kids would be sad when mama lefts them at school but then they would go right to play, until mama came back and then the drama tears came back.Allow him to bring a picture of you at school, when he misses you he can look at the picture, help him understand that you are coming back to pick him up, you always come back to pick him up rihgt?about the night time I think you know the answer is to stop giving him bottles and night!! leave him some water(if he thirsty he will drink it)beside the bed,let him cry couple of nights,he will get it
    Rwive

Answer by Rwive at 2:51 AM on Nov. 5, 2010