20 weeks preggo wth a weird odor adult content

I have this weird odor coming from down there....I never had this befor but it's strong and I shower twice a day and keep myself clean. Could it be something to do with me being pregnant? Any ideas on how to get it to go away? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It might be a YI or bacterial vaginosis. Might just have your OB check at your next appt. Have you noticed changes in discharge consistency, amount, or color?
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:34 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• if you've got ANYTHING strange going on with your mommy parts when you're pregnant ask your gyno about it right away! it's probably a yeast infection but it could be a serious infection.
    QueenKathair

Answer by QueenKathair at 1:35 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• ummmm this is a bit weird for me to say but A just had something similar. got a pap done and a call a week later saying things are ok but i have like bacterial vaginitus. they say is caused by the pregnancy... i got soooo embarrassed i wanted to cry. but with the meds after 5 days its GONE!!! woo.. now im less self conscious when it comes to sex with my bf.. cause i didnt like the odor and im sure it bugged him.bumplol

mommyoftristan

Answer by mommyoftristan at 7:31 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• You should go in to see your OB/GYN. Don't Panic!!!! It could be Hormones. It could be a Mild Yeast Infection. OR It could be - Bacterial Vaginitis... The Last Two Are Very Common During Pregnancies... BUT Need To Be Addressed/Checked Out ASAP.... And if your doctor was anything like my 2nd OB - INSISIT on a Vaginal Swab - My OB Treated my Odor w/out doing a swab. I Walked Around for 10 wks with B.V. Infection. That was not good for me or my baby...

Good Luck - and just go see your OB/GYN ASAP.
    emily1230

Answer by emily1230 at 7:46 PM on Nov. 4, 2010