Breast vs. Bottle moms, I have a question...

If you support the breast ONLY (unless medically unable to breast feed)...

Do you support abortion?

Formula feeders....

Do you support abortion?

Please states which (breast/bottle/both) you support and if you also support the mothers decision to abort?

Just curious.

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 1:34 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• I breast fed. No bottles, because my daughter refused them. I myself would never get an abortion, but I support a woman's right to make her own choices with what she wants to do with her body. That being said, I don't believe using abortion as a method of birth control is ever right.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 1:38 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I tried BFing and HAD to FF - I support abortion - i have never had an abortion but feel they should be available and not abused as BC.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:36 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I'm Pro-Choice, that doesn't necessarily mean I support abortion. In fact I don't even believe in Plan B or IUDs - at least for myself.

That said, I prefer to do both Bottle & Breast. I hated breast feeding - absolutely hated it! But I did it for 36 months between my first 2 and plan to nurse this one as well. However with my oldest we supplemented with formula as well - and I plan to do that with this one too. I think it's really the best option for those of us who need it that way for whatever reasons we have...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:38 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I feed my son with both breast milk and formula. He was in the NICU for a week so I could only pump because he wouldnt latch on...after 2 months of pumping it was just to much. I had enough breast milk for about 6 months then went to formula. I support both. My so was not JUST breast feed and he is healthy and just fine.

Abortion I feel that is up to the woman. I feel that it should only be done in specific cases such as rape or medical need. I do not support women who use it as a form of birth control.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:39 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• i breastfeed only and i am pro-choice.
    babymar

Answer by babymar at 1:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I breast fed for 7 months and formula fed after that. I hope to breast feed any future babies longer and I do believe women who don't breast feed are missing out on an amazing experience. I support a woman's right to choose but I would not personally have an abortion unless my life was in danger due to the pregnancy. Had I gotten pregnant in high school I don't think I would have had an abortion either.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 1:41 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I EBFed my son for over 2 years until he self weaned.

I think abortions are awful and would never have one myself, but I'm scared that if they are illegal, women will revert to 'back alley' abortions done by untrained personnel and that would be even worse. So I guess technically, I'm pro-choice.
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 1:47 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I'm a formula feeder, by choice.
    I do not support abortion under any circumstance.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:35 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• breast fed & don't agree with abortion UNLESS its a medical situation where a Dr. advises on it or if someone has been raped.

i am ok with formula as not all mothers can breast feed.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 1:43 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I 100% formula fed all 5 of my kids by choice (not interested in breast feeding) and I believe in a woman's choice to decide for herself what to do with her body and her family in all matters.  I wouldn't want someone telling me what I have to do with my body.  If we take away that choice of formula or abortions where does it end?  Forced c-sections, forced streilization, forced unmedicated births, etc.  A woman is still an individual not just an incubator or milk producer.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:10 PM on Nov. 4, 2010