Potty training?

Sorry you guys for deleting the other question..
I have my son his two and i was wondering if someone could give me tips on how to potty train him
Is it okay if he sits down first since he is a boy?
What are some clues your little ones gave yall when they needed to use it?
His dad doesnt want to help him(go figure i dont mind i do everything by my self) so i need all the help that i can get

noahsmommy-010

Asked by noahsmommy-010 at 1:36 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• it does need to be a joint effort if his dad is going to care for him while you aren't there - I taught my son to sit down first, signs he was ready was waking from naps dry or not liking a wet/ poopy diaper - he wanted to wear underpants. I didn't use pull ups because I felt he would use them as a safety net but some kids do better in them = it will just depend. make it fun and pick a method and stick with it.. whether its taking them often or underpants only but all who care for him need to work the same way - if its just you, then you get to pick ::) he also needs to show interest in doing it.. my son is fully trained now for about 6 weeks. He turns 3 in 5 days..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• My daughter was trained at age 2.5. Then she just did #2 in the potty today. It took 4 mths for her to go #2 in the potty. She was ready and just did it. We took a picture of it and she gave it a name. It worked. I had tried every thing but stand on my head. I was so excited and she was excited because I was. I made a big deal out of this ,she also got a new toy. I am so happy.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 1:50 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Yes, it's fine if he sits. My youngest always wanted to sit. Google "toilet training readiness" and make sure he is showing the signs.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:53 PM on Nov. 4, 2010