Drinking at a 2 yr olds Birthday Party

I personally don't think it is appropriate to drag a case of beer and wine coolers to a child's Birthday party. I have a friend who has a little one turning two this weekend....The adults sit around and drink while the kids play...and 96% of the adults end up wasted...I think its simply wrong, but my friend swears there is no harm in it...just good fun......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on Nov. 4, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I wouldnt do it....To many people will drink to much and will not be able to take care of their child. What about the drive home? Drinking and driving is already a bad idea and then you will do it with your kids in the car! I just think thats a bad idea....ITS A CHILDS PARTY!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:41 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I personally think it's tacky and worse than that if the adults are getting wasted. If people can't get through a very young child's birthday party without getting drunk they have a problem.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 2:11 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• No and Yes, this is why.

I think they should be entertaining the two year old. You know having contest, playing silly games with the kids.
    After all the cake parting is over, then having a drink or two is fine, but not to the point where your wasted.

Grrrrr, I know what your saying... To them it is party time, some people are just like that.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:41 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I agree, totall inappropriate
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• As long as the kids aren't drinking, I don't see the issue... There was always alcohol for the adults when I was a child, it was just the norm... The parents that are going to drink at a child's party are the same ones that are going to drink in front of them at home... What's the difference?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I completely agree with you! I think, , for a childs birthday party, especially a two-year-old, people should take the 3-4 hours a party can last and make it about the child. I know some parents that even go as far as to throw the party's at night, seriously really, it is for the child to enjoy & remember not the adult. I'm personally having a party this Saturday for my five-year-old and I did have to say NO ALCOHOL, I'm like if you can't take the few hours out of your day to celebrate with us, we'd rather you not be there.
    ShaunsMomma04

Answer by ShaunsMomma04 at 1:46 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• That is wrong they are clearly forgetting why they are gathered at my daughters 1st b-day my hubbies family all showed up late and then kept sneaking to their vehicles to chug their drinks. I mean how rude can you be honestly? Simple fact of the matter everyone is different and half of people now a days have a drinking problem so they dont think its a big deal!!
    lovinmybaby87

Answer by lovinmybaby87 at 2:24 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• Getting wasted-no...having a few drinks-OK
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 8:10 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I think the birthday party is totally different occasion. Now later once its ended if ppl hang around yea pop your top if you must but I agree I think the drinking should be separate from the party. Poor kid will look back at his pictures from his 2nd birthday party and see people getting drunk. What memories!!!!
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 1:49 PM on Nov. 4, 2010

• I think it's wrong!!! Because If the adults are drinking, who are watching their children??!!?? What is more important?... drinking and having a good time or watching your kids, making sure their safe... Isn't it a child's party.... Shouldn't it be more about the child having fun>> not the adult's!!! People need a reality check!!! I have 4 children.. If i knew the adults were drinking at a child's party.. My children would not be going to that party... nor I. Parents are suppost to be an example to their children....
    LuLuMama_4Jesus

Answer by LuLuMama_4Jesus at 7:41 PM on Nov. 4, 2010